Wednesday, June 18, 2008

There is a Light!!

Well there is a light at the end of the tunnel I believe!!
We've had so much going on, I just wanted to try to post some VERY important things that have gone on this weekend.

First was my brother's wedding..........wow, what a beautiful ceremony and we had such a BLAST at the reception. Now remember Kaden was supposed to be a ring bearer w/ our cousins little boy. Well, that didn't work out so well, Kaden slept through the entire ceremony, which at that point, I was just fine with. He's been so off schedule the last few days w/ family in town, me dropping him off here, there, and yonder, so sat. he hadn't had a nap all day so when 4pm rolled around it was breakdown mode and then fall asleep time.





But everything turned out great, the dresses were gorgeous, decorations looked good, Amber and Brett looked amazing and things went well. The reception was so much fun too. Kaden was awake and ready for that one. He danced the night away literally, it was adorable. He even found a couple girlfriends to hang on to and show off for as well. Almost all my family got to come from both sides, so it was great seeing everyone. My dad got in from Iraq a day behind schedule, but made it here and I think had a great time. He hadn't seen Kaden for a LONG time, so he was shocked and thrilled to see his advances throughout the past few months.


Katie, my sister-in-law, who is 9mth pregnant came to the reception to help me w/ Kaden b/c Brett couldn't go to the wedding and was coming late to the reception due to camp. So they were there and helped tremendously. Kaden and Kale played and then Katie got on the dance floor with Kaden when I was with Kale and she was bouncing around like an every day thing, yet her belly was starting to tell her differently. We kept joking that she was going to bounce that baby right out of her, and she responded with...that's my point!! Well sure enough.....2:30AM rolls around and we get a visitor at our door, Kale, and they were off to the hospital to have their baby girl!!!
 
Bailey Ann Hammerschmidt...6lbs 12 oz, 19 1/2 inches!!! She's adorable and we are soo excited she's here. So Kale, Kaden and I headed to the hospital as soon as she was born and other family members were there as well to greet her. Kale was a really excited big brother before hand, and after we were there for a few mins and he saw her, he wanted to hold her, so he did....for about 5 seconds and then said he was done!! It was pretty cute. Katie and baby are doing great, and got out of the hospital the next day!! I'm jealous. So they are home and getting situated. I can't wait to go see her again. Now that they live in Eudora I can't just drop by for a quick second. So I have to wait till camps all over and then get to go see the family again.

Camps are done this Sunday, and for me it is done after tonight!!!Thank the Lord!! I am sooooo tired this year. I mean, I've done this for many years, and still got home and to bed really late, but could always get up to workout at 5AM like normal. Well I've missed two times since camps have started. I didn't even hear my alarm this morning, just Kaden's cries to get up. Man I was sleepy. Oh well, I'll catch up on my workout another day huh!!! Just cant' eat as much today!

That's about it. I'm trying to get all the pictures out to people and I cant' wait to see what other people captured too.
Take care.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

What a weekend!!! Whew! I'm so glad we got to finally make it to KS!!! It had been WAY too long. It was quite hectic, but I hope to be back soon where we can just hang out. :)