It's that time of year again!!!!!
I'm back in school and getting closer and closer to my goal. I love going to school for the interior design classes, but I'm actually getting down to just my entepenureal classes, which are necessary but not as "fun". That's ok, I'm still learning!
I'm still working at the gym, at Fine Design too, and I'm coaching cross country at Lawrence High once again(7th season). So holding down 3 jobs, going to school and getting the boys to their right spots at the right time...I just hope I do ok!!!
The boys are getting big and are so much fun. Onery but fun!
Kaden is a little sassy here and there and is learning how far he can push us, but don't worry, we've got it under control!!! :) (at least we are trying)
He loves his little brother even if he picks on him now and then. But he truly wants to look after him. They are good buds!
Kaden will be going to preschool again this year at Kid's First and was excited to meet his teachers today. Mrs. Morningstar and Mrs. Stellwagon are the lucky teachers to have Kaden all year long!! They are great! I can't believe we are only 1 year away from sending him to kindergarten! (sniff sniff)
He loves swimming and is a little fish when we go to lessons. This is a complete turn around from the last 3 1/2 years we've been doing this, but thats ok!!!
He loves to play Wii down in the basement, loves to color, play outside, ride his bike, and jump on our neighbors trampoline-which Brooks loves to do now too!
Brooks is a ham! He cracks us up constantly and is very entertaining. All vacation long he would look at me and say "go mom, go mom, go mom" whenever he felt like it and just smile. I would respond with the same and his name and he just laughed! He changed it up when he felt like putting someone else's name in there, but for the most part, he's definintely a momma's boy! He's very cleangy to me, and of course I love it, I know it'll pass one day!
His favorite thing these days are mints! Not just any mint, they have to be the Lifesavor Wint-O-Green white circular mints and he's obsessed! This boy will have the freshest breath around!!!
He's also into saying "sissy" to everyone all the time. I think he picks it up from a friend that calls his sister "sissy" or maybe not, but he loves saying it. Again, he'll just say it, and then have the biggest GRIN all over his face and a chin-to-shoulder look. It's so darn cute!
Brett's anxiously awaiting another year at Baker. His boys came back last weekend and they had their team meeting. I know he's excited to see what this year's kids can do and we are excited about the 8 new recruits we have on the team.
Brett, as everyone knows, is such a hard worker and has truly been amazing for me. With my triathlon training, work schedule, and handling things with my grandparents for quite some time now, he's been there every step of the way. Most of the nights consist of him bathing and getting kids to bed due to my time away for the above listing and I coudln't do it without him. I know we are team and he's every bit of that word for me. It only gets harder when I'm at XC meets most of the day Saturdays and then for him to get his stuff done as well! I couldn't have asked for a better partner!!
My Papa is doing "better" but we are facing some tough decisions on what to do with my grandparents. Pop's been in/out of the hospital and Brandon Woods for the past few months due to some health issues and it's soooo hard to watch.
You know you get older and you know your parent/grandparent are getting older too, but to watch it on a day-in, day-out basis is really rough sometimes. Now that neither can drive, they need help with meds, eating, yardwork, housework, etc. it makes for us(grandkids) to step up and get them through it. I WOULDN'T trade anything we are doing or have to do for the world, and knowing that we are here to do it, really puts me at ease! Everyone is a team in our family and we couldn't do it without the support of our family that can't be around, so that is just as much help as any.
I now know how much work my aunt/cousins on my moms side did for my other grandparents when we couldn't be with them, and am soooo appreciative for that.
Please just keep us all in your prayers as we continue life!!!
We are excited for the Fall season and everything that comes with. For sure ready for the less than 100 degree weather!!
More updates to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment