My baby isn't a baby anymore!! :(
Dad and his little men!
Walking into school for the first time!!!
3:40 Couldn't come fast enough for me. I cried a BUNCH through the day. Brooks and I stayed as busy as we could, but even he was asking (and still does) around 10AM if we could go get Kaden! I wasn't crying because I was worried or nervous for him, I was really just crying because he is now a big boy. He is moving on in life and school is now a "forever" part of it. I am sooo excited for him and all the excitement he has for school right now!!
Coming out of school to meet me!!!
Some of my favorite things (to remember) he's told me when he gets out of school:
1. "mom, I made 2 new friends today"; oh yeah, what are their names; "I don't remember, but one kid came to me and asked me to be his friend and I said yes, and then i asked another guy to be my friend and he said yes!", oh that's so good. well you will have time to learn their names! "yup"
2. "my favorite part of the day was recess!" "we also get art, music, and P...something", PE? "yeah PE"
3. "I liked my lunch you made, but the stuff in the cafeteria looked pretty good, maybe I can try it tomorrow!"
4. "Today we had TWO recesses!"
5. "Today lunch was good, they had a line for cheeseboogers, and hamboogers, I got a hambooger! They also had apples that weren't cut up, like you just bite into it....I like that kind now!"
6. (me, 2nd day) Did you find out your friends names? "no, still can't remember, but the big kid (aka tall) wanted to sit by me at lunch but someone got the seat before him, so I guess I'll have to sit next to him next time!"
7. (4th day) "Mom, my friends names are Asa(little kid) and Levi (big kid), they are in my class so they are the same age, but one is little (shorter) and one is big (taller)"
8. (5th day) "Today I made another friend....his name is Eddie!"; oh that's nice; "yeah he hangs out with us"; do you know any of the girls yet? "I know 2 of their names, but don't really know them yet, one is Trinity and one is Zoe"
9. "They have white, chocolate and strawberry milk at lunch every day", yeah have you tried strawberry yet? "no, I will get chocolate every time probably!"
10. "Can't wear shoes that show our toes if you want to go down the slide at recess or some other stuff, so I'll probably always wear my running shoes!" (aka flip flops)
11. does your teacher eat lunch with you guys? "No, she gets our silverware and napkins and stuff ready for us and then we go out for recess and she helps there too check our shoes and stuff"; oh I see, so when does she eat? "she doesn't, she probably eats breakfast, but doesn't eat during the day because she's always with us"; oh, well maybe you can ask her if she gets to eat lunch, just for fun. "no, mom, you can ask her at parent orientation!"
Man this kid is hilarious when he doesn't even know it and I love hearing his stories and things he "suddenly" remembers later in the night to tell us about his day. It never gets old and he's already spelling some simple words and singing lots of songs. Also knows about the Star Spangled Banner song and how it was originated and who wrote it! Love to see him learn!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment