Sunday, June 22, 2014

April, May & June....Let's try to wrap these crazy mth's in one!!

So after Kaden's bday, mine comes along, and really it's just March Madness for basketball, so we know where ALL our hearts are!! And EVERY single year right after that comes April, which for the basketball world and us in it, is a WHOLE lot of change, and anxiety and stomach turning and.....well you get it. So this was the year that is came to us again and we got the word. Coach Manning accepted the head coaching job at the University of Wake Forest in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. And with that, he asked Brett to be on staff as an assistant coach again, and well...he accepted that as well. SOOOOOO the story continues!!!

Right after the final four, Brett headed out to NC and the kids and I stayed in Broken Arrow, OK to finish out the school year, sports, and sell a house!!! We got to see Brett 2 or 3 times before we finally moved out here, but it was a LOOONNNNGGGG couple mths.

The Lord knew what was in store for us and everything seemed to be working very smoothly. We sold the house in 5 days, finished up all school events, end of the year, all sporting events and parties and I packed about 98% of our house with all 3 kiddos!!! PHEW!!!
Kaden's soccer team did awesome this year and ended up in 2 or 3 in league, and Brooks team did equally as well and he had PURE joy every time he was out there, melted my heart!!! Kaden's baseball team also did awesome and finished in the top as well. All Kaden's school and neighborhood friends were so sad to see him move, which really meant to me that he was a great friend and great person to be around. With that said, made me sad for him and for the parents I connected with as well. My PTA friends were amazing and I was truly sad to leave great girls and a great group. They even took me out before I left!!

My mom was a saving grace and came out the last couple days in OK and flew out with us to NC to help us move in!! It was pure JOY to have her along side of us and she definitely went above and beyond her call of duties, as always!!!
We have found a great house in Pfafftown, NC, which is literally on the edge of Winston-Salem and about 12 mins from Wake Forest for Brett. The school is great, things for him are all transitional and that's how any new job is, so same here.
The "southern hospitality" reputation, is SOOO true here. We thought that mid-west people were the best, and they are, but man everyone around us has been sooo helpful, thoughtful and kind. The neighborhood pool has really allowed us to meet lots of people already and I have a really sweet friend 2 houses down from us that we've clicked so well in these last 2 weeks we've been here, which I'm forever grateful already!!!
Kaden is starting a summer YMCA basketball league and doing a couple camps: sports  camp at Wake and a bball camp at nearby high school. So he's excited and Brooks and Breagan just love being at the pool and hanging out. Swimming lessons will probably be in the near future. Bregs has NOOO fear and thinks she Jesus and can walk on water, as Kaden put it first, but I LOVE that she loves the water!!!
I truly miss allll our family and all our friends, its' been a transition for me as well and I have the teary days, but I am also so thankful for everything and all the "new" we get to experience as a family. New places, new people, new adventures. I look at each place we get to go to now as more people that God wanted me to meet, have a place in my heart, hang on to, keep in touch, but also reach more and more every time!! I can't ever replace old friendships, all the new friendships we have now and will have, but always glad for everyone that comes into our lives.
This probably isn't the last stop, but it sure is a pretty place, awesome people, and great experiences we will encounter!!!!

No comments: