As I start my 4th year of staying at home with the kids, as funny as it may seem, I find it hard to have "time". I mean I have a LOT of time, but the stuff I used to do...blog, make picture albums, DIY, create crafts, etc. seems to have gone by the way side.
I want to make more time for it again. I am fulfilling my DREAM JOB!!I wouldn't trade it for the world and sometimes I feel like I don't deserve this blessing. I say its the hardest but most rewarding job though. I can't imagine not having the time with my kids like I do now. I know I complain at times, who doesn't, but I want no other option. Some day I will return to the "paying" workforce, maybe, and then I'll be soooo glad that I did have this TIME!!
As time has slipped by I don't want to forget all the memories....b/c I'm really bad at remembering!! Our kindergartner is now a 1st grader and 3rd grader is a 4th grader!! We are starting our 5th year together with Coach Manning and our 3rd year at Wake Forest.
The summer went fast and furious with Brett gone a TON. He recruited all July like normal and we went back to Texas and Kansas for 13 days. When we returned, Brett went straight from recruiting to Israel. He had the most amazing opportunity to instruct basketball with the Conflict Resolution program. The Israeli's and Palestine's are so divided but with sports they are trying to break it. Brett got to visit alllll over Israel. His experience was unbelievable and one to always remember. Walking where Jesus walked and taught is unfathomable to me!! Amazing.
Brooks played 3-4th grade summer bball (ahhhh-he just finished kinder) and Kaden has continued to play up a grade as well. Bregan has become very anxious and scared. Which has been super hard in situations. She hasn't started any sports or gymnastics or ballet b/c we have done trial classes and she gets so nervous and cries. She gets through them, but its painful.
Bregs has started preschool this year at Old Town Baptist. She goes 2x a week and its great. She did well the first 2 weeks, but has now set in her anxiety more and every week its the same battle. I feel so bad and we are just trying to wait it out. I pray for her to become more relaxed and confident in herself and have fun.
The boys are finishing up Fall flag football (kaden) and soccer (brooks) and are starting into WCCC bball again. Kaden continues to play with the Badgers for travel ball to and he loves it. Our weeks are filled with sports practice, running club, homework, and entertaining ourselves!!! Never to many dull moments and we love it that way!
Trip this Thanksgiving is the Charleston Classic and we loved Charleston when Brett and I went for our 10 yr. anniversary! I think the kids will like it too. It's not another Maui trip, but just as fun. Brett's parents and Neal will be there and then the following week is Thanksgiving and my dad and Leslie are going to come up here for it. Another big surprise and excitement is that we are getting a PUPPPY!!!! I/we have been waiting for this forever since Cooper and Jack passed. Bregs is finally old enough and she is our dog obsessed child. We are getting a mini Australian Labradoodle from my friend Carolyn who breeds them. Right now it looks like we are getting the phantom colored little boy out of the litter and I couldn't be more excited. We originally wanted a female but it keeps not working out, so we are thrilled. I'm more excited because we are surprising the kids with it! Can't wait till Thanksgiving time!!!
Till next time to catch up! Probably after puppy or Brooks' bday!!!
Love our family and our time here in North Carolina!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment