Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Vacation




























 So we made it back last week, and I've been a little busy with work and stuff, plus just been lazy to actually post all this. So here are just a few of our fun pictures from Destin, FL. We had a blast and it was a GREAT "first" for Kaden. He was soooo good the entire trip. From the flight to Memphis, where he decided to all of a sudden stop and start doing some push-ups and jumping jacks in front of the entire airport (must of gotten that from Red Dogs...it's hilarious) to then going on the Florida each way on the flights, to playing in the sand everyday out in the sun....he was perfect.
He didn't quite know about the ocean at first, but by the last few days decided bobbing up and down with mom and dad wasn't so bad. He loved playing in the sand with the toys and making us go get "watie" in the pale so he could continuously pour it out over him and in the sand!! Quite fun though! It was such a great get-a-way and much needed by us all. I just wish we were closer to that stuff so we could go more often. I also wish we had more of our family to go with us, but that's just another excuse to do it again!!!
Back to work now, reality sets in, and getting back into a routine. Brett's getting busy with work and the guys go to Canada at the end of August for a tournament, so practice will start in for that as well. School starts next week for them and that's when it all sets in.
Work is still work for me and change is still on the horizon, but just going on right now with what's in front of me. I am getting the opportunity to coach Lawrence high cross country again and I'm pretty excited. I love helping out as much as I can and getting to work out and hopefully influence some of those girls. So we start practice next week. We have the all staff coaching meeting tomorrow, so dad gets Kaden at the office at the end of the day so mommy can go do that, hope that works out ok. I'm putting off going back to school for another semester, we'll see what happens.
The house is great, I still need to get some pictures up of it, but I'll do that when the rooms are more put together. Lots of things we still have in mind for decorating, updating, adding, etc, but that'll come in time.
I think that's it for now. Life is good and Kaden is amazing, what else can we ask for. Take care and hope to talk/see everyone soon.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute pics Kel! You got some awesome family shots while there! The sunset one is so beautiful!

And PS, you inspire me to get my pre-pregnancy body back. I don't know if I'll get there as quickly as you did, but someday maybe! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.