That seems to be a thought in my mind lately. There's a lot of stuff going on right now, and all I can say is CHANGE.
Change isn't always a bad thing, but I think for most people, it's an uncomfortable thing. Well at least that's what I'm feeling.
I have talked about going back to school for about a year now seriously. I really have a passion for interior design, wish I knew that in college, and I would LOVE to pursue that. Although, time, money, family and job has held me back, and continues to hold me back a little. I was going to go to Johnson County Community College this week to talk to someone and see how long, what it takes, and of course how much all of this would be. Well I am once again swamped with life and wont be able to get there.
Brett has been gone since Sunday afternoon to western KS for a bball camp he puts on. He'll get back tomorrow night sometime and I cant wait. I definitely have props for single parent's. I can't imagine having to do EVERYTHING all by myself ALL the time. I'm blessed I have him and although our lives get really busy during season and I really feel like a single parent then, I know I'm not and have him to fall back on.
Anyways, Kaden's been funny asking about him every morning, afternoon and night. I keep telling him that daddy is playing basketball for a few days, and all he says is "OOHH", which is what he always says when he understands something. Pretty cute though.
So back to change...things at work might be changing soon and it's kinda scary. I've really had it REALLY easy and I'm pretty spoiled at work and have been for the past 4 years. Having the chance to travel w/ my husband to all the games, coach c.c. at Lawrence High, have my child at my work, and just having an overall great boss, just really spoils me. Like I said, change isn't always bad, just different and sometimes I don't like different.
We'll see!!!
Besides all that, we leave for Destin, FL on FRIDAY!!! I CANT WAIT!!! I'm sooo excited for our vacation. Brett, me, Kaden, my sister, and my mom!! We are pretty pumped and also blessed that we have a great friend Sandy, b/c Sandy's parents are letting us stay at their HOUSE on the beach for a week, FREE!!! I am just excited to get away and it'll be Kaden's first trip to the beach!! He likes baby pools, but not fond of big pools yet, so we'll see how the OCEAN sets in with him!! I think it'll be a blast no matter what though. So if I don't write before, I'll let you know how the trip went.!
Take care.
2 comments:
I hear ya on the change being a scary thing... I think it is part of faith. Stepping out from the comfortable into the uncomfortable. That was how I felt when I went back to school and for those things I e-mailed you about as well. I asked a friend once why faith had to be so scary! God wants us to not use our own talents or abilities, but rely on His in order that He receive the glory!
Do they have any on-line classes you could at least get out of the way?
Love ya & wish now we were ALL going to Destin as originally planned. But we didn't know how my pregnancy would unflold. Have fun!
Wow! That makes 2 of us! Im going back in August and I cant wait. Still working out a few financial aid things but I should get that back soon. Love Ya!!
Post a Comment