Monday, July 21, 2008

Moved in!

We are finally moved in, new carpet layed, and furniture in it's respected place (kinda)!!!

Things have been overly hectic the last few days...
We closed on Wed, moved(into the garage), pulled up carpet, and stayed at my moms.

Thurs, carpet started getting put down upstairs/hall, boxes still everywhere, such a mess! While that was going on my sister was painting the purple bathroom that we had primed and I had picked out a pretty blue color. Well I came home at lunch and walked in there and about cried...it looked like you were at the ocean, I mean a turquoisey blue, yuck (love that color, just not in a hall bathroom) So she stopped, painted it white again and then I was going to go and fix the color.

Meanwhile, Kaden hadn't been feeling good, finally took him to the doctor....STREP!!! Yep, immediately he tested positive for strep. Got the meds, he's soo confused w/ the move anyways, went back to moms, and 2 throw-ups later, he was down resting. So I couldn't take him to daycare the rest of the day or the next, so I stayed home with him. We went to the new house to work and then stayed at moms again thurs.
While we were moving in stuff on thurs though, Cooper (our little Maltese) was running around like crazy and I called him over once and had picked him up to put him near us and as I was letting him down on the grass, he landed wrong and basically dislocated his knee. I mean our new neighbors probably thought we were killing him. My mom, sister, Brett everyone came out of the house b/c his howl was soooo screechy and he was in TONS of pain. So a few phone calls later to the vet, we could just give him Asprin for the night and take him the next day. So while I had taken Kaden to the docs to find out he had strep, wonderful mom took Cooper to the vet to find out everything. ($2-$300) surgery that's not guaranteed...not sure what we're gonna do yet. Poor Cooper!!! He'll walk just fine sometimes and then he'll be a 3-legged dog other times, I feel soooo bad b/c I was the one who let him down.

Friday came and the carpet got finished about noon, lots of cleaning up and we were off moving stuff around. Another throw up event and then Kaden was off running around. Thought he was feeling better, but then sat. came and he threw-up again at the grocery store w/ me!! Kinda embarrassing..."um, mam, I need some help....clean up in isle 2", yeah!!

Oh but on Friday I went to "fix" the blue paint. So I did and took it home. Mom started painting it and well it was just a darker turquoise now!! oh man. I said "yeah, I guess it's fine, I'm done, we'll just live with it". My mom knew I was upset and said she'd go buy me some new paint. So we went and got one picked out and as I was flipping through more colors and the guy was already mixing it, I found a DIFFERENT one, oh man...we were laughing, but my mom was just like, really!!! So she bought the oops one,we'll use it in Kaden's room, and then the final product. I primed once again and then she started in on the 3rd and final paint color. So 6 paint layers later, ITS DONE!! YEAH! Thanks to my most wonderful mom!!

So garage is almost emptied, lots just moved to the basement, but oh well, we'll work on that later. We have most beds up, Kadens room is somewhat organized, the living room and kitchen have finally gotten together and the garage was organized last night by Brett!!

K, I have to get back to work, I'll post pictures eventually, and write more. I have VBS, vacation bible school, all this week after work so not lots of time to get things together before our bbq this coming weekend, so those coming, sorry about the mess!!

2 comments:

Amber Temple said...

sounds like a fun few days! can't wait to see the house...have fun at the BBQ, wish we could be there! love you guys

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new house Kel! I'm dying to see pics of it! :) Love the Kaden kissin' story by the way...too cute!