Well we have a fun filled weekend ahead of us.
Tomorrow I'm excited to say that the 5K myself and Tatum have been working on for a long time now, is finally going to happen!!! I have run so many road races over my lifetime but have never been a part of one, let alone put one on!!! So.. we are sooo excited and ready for it to be here. We have right about 100 people so far and I have had lots of people call me to tell me they are going to sign up the day of too!! How exciting huh! I was on the WAY low end when we started this, I only anticipated 50-75 runners, Tatum on the other hand was the optimistic one and hoped for around 200, we'll get right in between there I think.
Besides the race, we have Brett's parents heading in to town tonight to watch Kaden and then run/walk in the race tomorrow, but to also just help us out b/c the basketball team is getting their National Championship rings tonight!!! We have a dinner at the Naismith room tonight to award them and even us wives get our pendents!! I'm pretty excited and am going to brag a little right now....Brett designed the whole thing!!! How cool is that. He's just sooo amazing! He said all the rings came in yesterday and all the pendants and he said we'll be "blingin"!! We have some former players, old and new, coming back for it. Brett's pretty excited also to be able to hang out with Nick and Kirk and Wayne and those guys for a little while. And since we all have kids now, I'm sure that'll be somewhat of our conversations!
Then Sat morning bright and early we go set up for the race. Race starts at 8am, then Brett leaves w/ Kaden to go to a brunch for the recruits in this weekend. I will finish up and clean up at the race and then head home for a bit. Then we head to the tailgate for the football game with the recruits around 4:30 or so, then the game. In between the 1st and 2nd quarter, I think, the team and coaches are getting announced on the field for their ring ceremony!! It will be so much fun and really cool to see everyone go nuts!!! I think the old players and hopefully the recruits will think the same!!
Sunday we have late church and then the Fall kick-off at church right after. This is a really fun event at our church and we are hoping for 1,000 people to be there. It's LOTS of fun games, entertainment and food for kids and families to enjoy. My sister and I went last year with Kaden for like an hour and he was still so little, he was in his carrier, well they got video of it and during the last few Sundays at church they play a video to show everyone what it's about and at the VERY end, there is Kaden sitting in his car seat smiling away!! He's sooo cute, he was so little. So we will do that this Sunday too.
I'm hoping after that, Sunday afternoon will be somewhat calm.
After getting registrations after registrations, putting t-shirt proofs together, getting them approved, ordering the right amounts of t-shirts, picking them up, organizing and stuffing each individual participants bags myself....I'm ready for a little "down" time. (which means drink a diet coke for a second, then start cleaning my house!)
This has been quite the process, but I'm sooo glad we are doing this for Cooper's Cause.
Which by the way, I forgot to tell a few people, but I am now a member on the 5 person Board of Directors for Cooper's Cause. Kristi and Terry Keefer called me this past Monday and asked me to be their last person on the Board. I was honored and of course said yes. Sounds pretty important doesn't it!! I don't know all my duties yet, but I am just proud to be a part of it for them. It's becoming a big thing and is a LONG process for Kristi to get this going. Attorneys, CPA's, etc. are all involved in getting the process done right for the IRS and getting Cooper's Cause a official non-for-profit organization.
Life is good, life is busy, but it all works out.
Hope everyone is doing great and please keep in touch with us!!
PS-our trip to Texas was great!! We got to see my brother and other family members for the weekend and had a blast. Sunday was my brother's bday and for it, they decided to jump out of planes!!! Yes, they went skydiving and it was sooo much fun to watch, now I have to do it. We were out there all day long and Kaden was SUCH a trouper. He just played in the airplane hanger and watched people fall from the sky! He didn't' really like the look of it though w/ the parachutes, I think they scared him a little bit. But he is now LOVING airplanes, if we hear one or anything like it, he looks in the sky and says "pairplane?". It's pretty cute.
1 comment:
PS... excuse me? but i think you left out something pretty important about your little "trip to texas!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment