Well we had our first cross country meet this sat., so I have officially started having no Saturday's...oh well. We did ok. Again, this year is a rebuilding process, as we lost 5 of our top 7 runners. The girls did well though. Our guys did really well and are going to be strong this year too.
Football has started too. So sat afternoon we headed to Memorial Stadium for the KU football game, and although it was raining, it was fun. (we get to watch in coaches suite, so we are spoiled) Kaden did really well and most of the time ate and ran around with the other little people.
Sunday was pretty low-key. Church, lunch with Steph and Granny, cleaning, laundry, running, meeting up at work, play with Kaden.
So now I am really excited b/c Kaden, myself and Steph are leaving Friday evening for TX to see my brother for his b-day!!! It was supposed to be a surprise, BUT Amber can't keep a good secret and Brett is tooo nosey. But we are headed there till Monday. Amber got Brett a sky-diving experience for his bday, so they will be participating in that, with some other friends, while Kaden, Steph and I, along with some others, will be safely watching from the ground!!! I figured Kaden needed a mom for awhile, so I'll do it another time. I would REALLY love to do it, but b/c of $$ and Brett not being there with me, I'll pass for this time, but I'm super excited for them. So we are going to have tons of fun, see family/cousins/friends, and I'll post and show pictures when we get back.
The rest of this week I'm getting everything in order for the 5K run for Cooper's Cause next sat. the 20th. I'm definitely excited about this as well. It's fun seeing the registration forms come piling in my mail box, I get excited to check everyday. This year will be smaller than we had hoped, but are excited nonetheless. Each year will get bigger and better. Tatum, my friend also helping put this on, has done TONS for this. She has gotten lots of sponsors and put in a lot of leg work that I couldn't' b/c of c.c. season and Kaden and everything else we have. So she's done awesome and we are ready for it to be here!!
That's it for now, gotta get back to work.
Take care everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment