Monday, July 13, 2009

Finally a second....

Sorry it's been so long, never a moment to actually post, so when do I do it???...first thing in the morning at work...shhhh!!
So we had a BLAST on our cruise, can't wait to do another one. I don't EVER want to leave my baby boy for 6 days and no phone conversations again, but we did have a great time together and it was really relaxing. Brett's back started feeling better a day or two into the trip and I never got baby sick either, so things went well. The first day out in the sun, it was very overcasted and cool, so Brett put no sunscreen on himself and by the time I met up with him out there, an hr or so into his sunning, we stayed out for another few hrs....when we got inside, he was FRIED!!! He's never been so burnt in his life and is still peeling today! Besides that, we did good on our sunning. Usually it's me that gets burnt, but I was good. We had a great time on the ship, these things are unbelievable, great time in Grand Cayman(it's BEAUTIFUL there), and had our most fun in Cozumel on our catamaran excurstion. Plus we have new Florida friends we ended up hanging out with most of the time and they were on that excursion too, so that was a blast!! We had lots fo great food, any time you wanted(dangerous), got to see some cool shows at night, good music, funny comedians, casino, etc. Pictures below...(oh and dont look to hard, there is belly bump, sorry, I tried to keep it out as much as possible, in a siwm suit you know!)































As soon as we got back to Lawrence, I went up to work for a minute, ran home, repacked and Kaden and I were off to P-burg for the lake for the 4th of July. We had so much fun out there as well, like always. However, I did start getting sick/allergies, so I wasn't my normal but nevertheless we had so much fun. Got to hang out with Great Granny a little before we headed out to the lake, even had fun at the grocery store in the little cart!!! Got to see cousins from Atlanta with their new baby, well 8 mths, that we hadn't seen yet, so that was fun too. We had our first annual Eddie Miles baseball game(in honor of my grandad) and Kaden did awesome at that as well! He got his first jetski ride, and LOVED it, kept telling me to "go super fast mommy" and had a smile the whole time. He loves riding in the "big boat" and just playing with cousins. The other big entertainment was driving the golf cart around, what a hit!!! Oh and I almost forgot...Kaden did his first fireworks....sparklers!!! He loved that one, but didnt really care for some of the other big booms, but was a trooper, we had fun!























After the 4th, we were back home, finally, and I was ready to be in my own bed. But Kaden's cousins were in town from Utah and he was PUMPED to see Kale and Bailey, of course Aunt Katie and Uncle Dain as well. We only got to see them for a few hrs, but they had a blast and he wants his Kale to come over more. Looks like Katie and the kids will be back in Nov. for good, so sooner than we thought they are moving back, Dain will follow!







We have now also purchased Kaden's new "big boy bed"!!! We've been meaning to transition him for the last mth or so, and this weekened we ordered the bedroom set online and it'll be here soon. He is pumped about it and getting a new, blue, room. Yes...he wants his new room to be painted blue like KU! So that'll be our next step, but he's been ready for the big boy bed and he'll have to transition soon anyways.

Then next sat, not this one, we are leaving for DESTIN!!!! The Temple side of the family is going to Destin, FL, and I am pumped for another vacation. We have a condo that we've stayed in many times before when we were kids and we'd come all together, so it'll be fun to reminise and to get to be at the beach for a whole week!!! Kaden's ready for the airplane ride and the beach he says. So I'm excited for that.

Who knows what else has gone on, I'm sure many funny things, well I KNOW many funny things with Kaden, but can't write them all, we'd be here forever.

But till next time....take care!!

1 comment:

Lacy said...

Finally an update! Well i guess i sort of knew everything and saw pics but guess i like to get the updates any way I can. :) Sounds like yall are having a great summer. You are so blessed to be able to go on all these fun trips. Julian and I get to fly to lubbock and stay a week in Knox City... DON'T HATE!!! lol!! i'm so sad i didn't get to come up this summer. maybe next summer you won't have 5 million vacations planned. :) and maybe i'll have some money. :)
luv ya!
bye