Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Why are you so hungry??

So today is my day to go to school, so I drop Kaden off for ALL day at Mary Beth's, and he LOVES Tues/Thurs for that reason. So I get him situated, take off for the highway and off to school. School went fine, got back for practice and it went well, and was off to get Kaden (it's my favorite part since I don't see him all day).
So I am early, which is amazing and he comes running. We go home, get in the running stroller and head out for our 3 mile run. Let me tell you I haven't pushed him in the running stroller since this summer when I wasn't as prego, little harder now. But we got it done, even with the rain all of a sudden drizzling down on us.
Got home, switched clothes to get out of wet, and we both started in with stuff to get around.
We fed the dogs(he loves helping pour their food),he helped me squish all these bugs that suddenly appeared around the garage and front porch, and then headed back in to start dinner.
Kaden was being such a great helper tonight it just made me smile and laugh. He let the dogs in and out, kept Jack from being right underneath me...aka guided him to another spot and kept telling him to "sit down Jack, just sit down buddy" until he did.
Then I hear a chair being dragged over towards me. He wanted to help with dinner. We were having spaghetti, so he ran the water in the pot for noodles and then got a spoon out to help separate the meat in the other dish. He quickly got tired of helping, but once again amazed me that he even wanted to. So I got the stuff all ready and then we started playing our nightly routine of football in the living room while it was still cooking and we were waiting on dad to get home.
Brett showed up and we went on with dinner....after he was done with his meal, he sat there and talked a little and Brett and I were still eating. I went up for some more and as I was dishing it out I hear..."You're eating again mommy!!", "why are you so hungry?" I turned around, and felt pretty guilty and Brett and I both just started laughing. He said, "what's so funny guys?" . I mean i guess piggy piggy here just wasn't full yet. So I told him I guess I am just really hungry tonight and Brett tried explaining the I'm "eating for 2" concept. He didn't pay much attention and just let me eat again. NOTE...Brett got another plate as well and wasn't questioned at all!! He just made me laugh so much and his quickness on noticing things.
Brett went back up to work at bath time and we got everything else finished up for the night and in to bed. We read a lot of books before he will actually go to bed, which is fine, and we are now telling stories to each other when we're done with books and the lights are out. He cracks me up and we both just got tickled with the nonsense we were making up tonight. I love these times!!!
What a funny kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! What a great age he's at?! So smart and funny...just love it! And you look ADORABLE Kel! Keep up the good work! xoxo