First we had to start breathing treatments about 2 weeks ago b/c Kaden started his normal cold and it always settles in his chest, so to be on top of things, we started him up on his normal routine. (every since he was 9 mths old we've done this!) It stinks b/c the poor little guy has to do 4 breathing treatments a day. 2 in the AM, and 2 at night. And let me tell you, these take up to 15 mins long or longer each to get through them. Now no big deal, unless your 2 1/2 years old and you really don't want to do that. Bless his heart though, he's REALLY good about it. He just sits and watches his morning cartoons and at night whatever he wants while it's going on. Then on top of those we have to take Zyrtec 2x day too.


On a good note, we got notice, since he's been doing pretty good, that we can cut the Zyrtec to once a day and only do the mask(breathing treatment) once a day with ONE med. Kaden's sooo excited. We get going on the mask and he tells me through it that he only has to do ONE mask, yippee!!! What a good kid.
Next, funny story (gotta keep track of these)....
So I went to lunch with my brother and sister a few weeks ago and Kaden was with us. While we were waiting for our food, we dig in my purse to see what toys I have in there to occupy the time. We find this mini Ariel (little mermaid) kaleidoscope that he got at one of his little girlfriends bday party and we continue to keep it, he enjoys it! So he looks at the picture of Ariel and points to it and says..."boobies", I look at him and started laughing so hard and said "what did you say", and he repeated, and I said..."well no, that's her swimming suite", he continued to tell me..."well yeah mom but she has boobies underneath it!!" I WAS SHOCKED, but LAUGHED so hard and asked my brother if he heard and he didn't, so sure enough Kaden repeated it and we just laughed and laughed. Not sure where he got this, but he's growing up!!!
I love my kid though, he says the funniest things now a days and the cutest things and I just want to bottle it up and/or need to start recording much more, but never have the cam-corder handy! I know there are so many funny things, but of course can't remember right now. He talks a lot about his baby brother now and tells me I am getting bigger, so baby brother is too. And when he comes out, he'll have to wear diapers, like when he was a baby, and....and it goes on...pacifiers, drinking a bottle, not riding his bike b/c he won't be big enough yet/but he'll share when he is, teach him MANY things when he gets bigger, that Cooper has to learn to stop barking b/c if not he'll wake the baby up when he's sleeping. Oh many, he just makes me smile EVERYDAY!!!
I am looking forward to my maternity leave for so many reasons, but to just be a mom for a while with my little ones is SOOO important to me and makes me so happy.


Next,
We went to our friend Cayman's 3rd bday party out at the pumpkin patch last weekend, and besides the freezing weather, we had a blast. Kaden got to pick his own pumpkin, was ECSTATIC that it was a fireman's themed party, which he's gonna have (well as of now) and got to whack the firetruck pinata and get candy!!! He had lots of fun. He was super cute picking out his present and got a big crane truck and a little monster truck with a dinosaur (dino as Kaden calls it) on it and was happy to keep it a secret. He kept telling me he can't tell Cayman b/c it's a "supise" mom, he has to open it on his bday. So when it came to that present, Kaden said..."that's from me, that's from me" he was proud!
We are going to try to go out to the pumpkin patch again this weekend with my family, b/c we ALWAYS do, since he's been born, and get the rest of our pumpkins!





Cross country is almost over, we have 3 more meets left, crazy. I'm glad in one way b/c it'll cut down on my "here, there and yonder" phase, and give me some sat's back, but then again I miss the kids, they are a lot of fun. I think this year has just been more tiring b/c of work, school, and prego along with coaching. They've done really good this year and I'm anxious to see how we turn out at League, Regionals and State these next 3 weekends.
School is great, I'm still doing really good (not to brag) on all my tests and projects, I'm sure they could be better, but I'm happy. I enjoy going over there and I like learning all this stuff. My textiles class is hard though to remember all the information on EVERY little piece of fabric and construction and hazards and advantages/disadvantages, but it's all worth it. I hope I continue to get better. Not sure what I'm going to do next semester since it'll start quickly after baby is born, we'll see.
Brett is SUPER busy right now. We have Late Night tonight and a lot of recruits in, so that's all overseen by him. All the new construction, which is AMAZING, is pretty much done, well better be by tonight, jk, has been a pain, but well worth it. Not to brag on him (but I am) Brett did almost ALL the help of designing and planning how everything's going to come together, furniture, art/design work, colors, etc...man, why isn't he helping me in my classes!!! But we got to walk through it last weekend when my dad was in town and it's AWESOME!! I can't wait to see the finishing touches. KU has a lot of state-of-the-art stuff now and it's pretty cool to see the newest stuff out!
He gets a little stressed out at the beginning of the season, and rightfully so, so I know he's exhausted already and it's only Oct. 16th! But he loves KU, loves working for Coach Self and can't wait to continue his journey. We really miss him during parts of the season though b/c of late nights, long days, and traveling. Which this year will be really hard until baby boy is born b/c I can't travel as much this first part. We'll get through it though :)
Ok, well enough for now, I'll post again soon. Still finishing up stuff in Kaden's bid boy room and getting ready to start the renovation of baby room soon, so I'll post when it's all finished!!!
Till next time.
1 comment:
I love the story about Kaden! That is great!
Post a Comment