Just had to share this story, it makes me laugh:
So we've been conversating about our family vacation this summer to Destin recently and whether or not we're going b/c of the oil spill. So it's enough of a bummer that Brett's not going to be joining us b/c of his new job, but then this horrible oil spill has possibly put a wrench in our plans too.
So I wanted to warn Kaden that we might not be going, I knew he'd be bummed, and he was, he cried. So I started explaining the situation and he was ok with it b/c he didn't want to be in yucky water either. Then a couple days later he came up to Brett and said "daddy, I'm still really sad we aren't going to the beach b/c of the oatmeal"! We said..."what, oatmeal?, "Yeah, there's oatmeal all over the ocean and it'll be yucky if we get in it!" Ohhh, the oil spill. "Yeah the oil pill".
Oh it was funny, oatmeal/oil spill....its all the same.
(By the way, we are still going, it hasn't hit Destin and hopefully won't, so we are still hittin' the beach! Yippee!)
No comments:
Post a Comment