Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sunny San Diego!!

Thanks to the Baker Wildcats we got a little vacation after Christmas and we had sooo much fun!We headed out with Brett's parents and uncle on Dec. 28th and got home Jan. 1st. We met Brett and the Baker boys at the hotel b/c we took different flights, but the boys did great and we got along so well on the flights.  San Diego was beautiful and the weather was awesome!
The first morning after a late night in, the boys and I headed out after breakfast to LEGO LAND!!!
I was really looking forward to this b/c the kids saved their money (and me too) and even though I knew it would be a challenge, I was looking forward to just doing it solo with my boys. I GPS'd my way to Carlsbad, CA and we were headed in! It was a site to see and I know we didn't even get to touch on a lot of it, but we were on a time schedule and I didn't want to rush, I just wanted the boys to do what they wanted to and have fun. There were LOTS of rides they couldnt' ride b/c they weren't tall enough and some that I couldn't let Kaden go by himself since it was just me with them, but I think they weren't disappointed at all with any part of our outing! (Brooks even got a tiny nap in the stroller)
I was amazed and impressed that really EVERYTHING was made out of Lego's, it was sooo cool!







play time with a million legos!



This was in "miniland" everything was legos in mini versions of historic pieces.
Kaden got to build his own car and then they were racing them!



This is our "line waiting" at almost all stops, they cracked me up!


I did let Kaden ride a couple rides by himself, he laughed the whole way through this one, it was hilarious!

he loved this one too!

                   My 2 cuties!!


So we had to leave early to get back in time to go to dad's game (I guess we did come for basketball!) So we got out and back and went straight to the game!
That wasn't much of a success, but the day in general was one of my favorites to remember....Just me and my boys!!! They were the best kids and we had a blast. We walked non-stop for hours and were fine!

 
Next day, same routine....breakfast and off to a new destination....San Diego Zoo!
This time Grandma and Grandpa Ballard and Uncle Neal came with us.
Once again we had a blast and saw soo many neat animals. The kids enjoyed all of it as well. Once again a full DAY of walking around non-stop. Kaden was such a trooper and Brooks got passed around but did his share as well.
(Brooks got his nap in my arms on the bus and walking around this time!)


Love Kaden's face looking at him.

Pict. with Grandparents & G. Uncle Neal

BOO tigers!






AHHHHHHHH!!


The troops!


MY favorite animal!!

Oh how I love my boys!!
We were off from there to yet another game that night. Again, game didn't go so well, but AGAIN , my kids were AMAZING little troopers. For walking almost 2 days straight and having little/no naps, we were still doing great!!!

Final Day, was a day off for the bball boys, which meant Brett could do something with us. He wanted to go to Sea World anyways, so we did our normal breakfast and then we were out!
We bused our way there on the public transportation, so that was interesting there and back to say the least!!! (kids had a hoot!)
Our first stop was the Shamu show and everything else went from there. From Sesame Street area, to sharks, dolphin show (hilarious via Kaden), polar bears, seals, and so much more...we once again walked our way through it all and the kids were amazing for it all!
Shamu Show


Kaden made the board!!!



And then the dolphin show...Kaden cracked us up with his very first comment when the show started. The lady "Marina" pops up and starts singing for the show and he says "Oh brother...come on lady we don't want to hear the beautiful music, just bring on the dolphins!!!"







Silly boy!




And here was our New Years Eve Extravaganza....



And I wouldn't have had it ANY other way!!

We had such a blast and I'm thankful we could go. I'm thankful for my in-laws help and time together. Can't wait till we can do another fun trip!!!

No comments: