We are soooo excited for the Manning's and this opportunity itself, and also blessed that Danny asked Brett to be an assistant for him for his very first Head coaching position. Many decisions had to be made and made quickly, that's just how this profession is, and also many emotions b/c the other opportunity and leaving Baker.
What a ride we've had at Baker and how bittersweet it is to leave. We will both be forever grateful for the chance they took on Brett and giving him his first ever Head Coaching position. The hardest day of Brett's career life was when he had to tell his players. They are like our little family, like I have 16 other boys I need to take care of as well, so it's equally emotional for me. We've gotten attached to them, the kids have, and our family members have as well along the way. They will do great going forward, but it's tough.
So as we drove down to NOLA Brett was mainly on the phone or being contacted by a million people so the time went fast and just getting to talk about our new adventure was fun. I knew what was to come quickly, so again I cherish that we got to go down and I'm grateful for my family and in-laws for helping us out tremendously with the boys while we were gone.
New Orleans was NUTS!!! It was lots of fun and the games (both) were so much fun. Obviously making it past Ohio St. and then competing against Kentucky was a HUGE deal for this KU team and I'm soooo proud of their team. What a great season. It was crazy that people all over New Orleans were congratulating Brett just as we were walking around and how excited they were for him and Danny for the new job. Very humbling and very cool to see! I got to meet up with my best friend Meghan and spend a day with her, so that was a treat in itself!!! Bourbon St. was crazy and by the 3rd night of it, I was done, but glad I got to experience all of the activity.
| My BFF Meghan and you can't even tell she's 5 mths prego! |
| And we were so excited to get home to see our sweet little ones! Here's some treats we came back with for them! |
We drove home after the game through the night and then Brett was up and out the next morning to Tulsa. They are working extremely hard at just organizing things, meeting people, getting things set up and getting the current team on track for what's to come. He's having fun, working hard, and loving it so far.
I don't know how long we'll be apart as a family, and I cry just thinking of it, but I know it's all worth it and everything is going to work out. I'm extremely emotional about leaving Lawrence for so many reasons. We've been here 12 years!!! I've never lived anywhere that long. My kids were born here, my mom/sis/bro are all here, Brett's sister is here and so many people we love and know are here. It's going to be SUPER emotional the day I drive away forever, but again, we are so excited and ready for our next adventure. The kids are excited, I think confused a little, but adjusting to my emotions, Brett not being here, and people coming through our house, very well. I know I adjusted the million times we moved as kids, so I know the boys will do just great! It's only 3 hrs. 45 mins away and a straight shot, so trips back and forth will be easy. I took the boys down the last couple days to do some house hunting, and although they thought that part was boring until they got to run around empty houses, they loved seeing their daddy and getting to play bball on the "big" court. I loved seeing Brett for the few total hrs I actually got to see him, and now its just phone calls and face time!
| I think Kaden just LOVED sleeping with his little brother!! |
| Practice gym, working on their shot! |
Keeping my jobs, getting kids around, trying to sell and house and a car, taking classes, and then trying to buy a new house is a lot of work! Thanks to our great support system and family it is going to work out no matter what.
We are trying to prepare for whatever's next and excited for our next phase in life!!
Tulsa, here we come....one of these days! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment