February has become a SUPER busy month. And it's crazy how it's flying by!!!
I am a homeroom mom for Kaden's 1st grade class and LOVE helping up at the school. I truly do. I love knowing what's going on up there, love getting to know the teachers and principals and for them to know me. It's not easy with the other 2 with me all the time, but they are good helpers when I have to go up there and they really like going to Kaden's class. So the Valentine's party was a success and I usually run the class while the other homeroom mom goes to her other child's class, so its crazy FUN!!! Mrs. Atkin's has been an AMAZING teacher for Kaden and he has outdone his own personal goals by far, and she is always telling me how accelerated he has been. I love how she pushes him and her students and makes them the best they can be!! He is such a smart kiddo and does everything so well, I am so proud!!! She loves when Brooks and Breagan come to visit as well so that helps. We had a fun cupid's arrow game, the boys won, and "sweet-heart" sundaes!!! The kids had a blast I think.
Kaden started baseball in Jan a little for batting practice and are now in full practice mode. Along with that we are still in basketball season with the last 2 weeks for his league tourney. Kaden has also decided to play soccer this year and we started this last week and have our first game tomorrow. It was a last minute put-together team, so we'll see how it goes. I am actually assistant coaching and am really excited about it. I was going to be head coach but thankfully another parent stepped up. I knew with Bregs and Brooks with me at all times and Breagan literally on my hip, it just wouldn't be fair to the kids to try to coach them that way. And good thing b/c I've already missed a practice b/c Bregs was sick and I have to accommodate to them during practice. The kids on his team are fun and it should be a learning season, but he's excited and I'm equally excited he's back in soccer.
Brooks starts mid march and games in April for his soccer season and I'm soooo excited for that as well. I know he'll just do great and he's so thrilled for it to start.
Breagan and I still do the mommy & me gymnastics and she just loves it. It's something fun for 30 mins for her and I to do and keep busy. So twice a week we do that, when we can, and it goes till the summer and then a couple weeks off. She, and the rest of us, are anxious to be outside, so whenever we can we go out to play and she just loves it. She loves playing or being around the boys while playing sports and she has learned to kick a little soccer ball as well, so proud!!! She LOvES the wagon and now has a little "car" to push around and is anxious to continue that out!!
We are in full speed for TU basketball and don't see Brett much. It's definitely a normal thing for us, but as the season goes on, it gets more and more, and busier and busier. I couldn't be more proud of how these boys have done this year as we are now tied in 1st place!!! 2 more games left and then we go to the Conference Tourney!!! Kinda stinks b/c we don't travel with the team still, so long weeks ahead once again, but still so exciting for the team. Brett has done so well with recruiting and scouting this year and we couldn't be more proud! I know I am biased, but I also know that GREAT things are to come. Hard work, positive attitude, doing things the right way, and being the right person and positive influence do pay off and Brett is definitely that and soooo much more!! Proud wife right here!!!!
Next up is, well more duel sports, basketball and Kaden's 7th bday....ahhhh!!!!!
Stay tuned!!
No comments:
Post a Comment