Monday, October 13, 2008

Fun weekend

Ok, so busy weekend once again.
My aunt from Texas came in on thurs. night, so Friday we headed out to dinner with her and my grandparents to Long Horns, and it was yummy! Kaden discovered a new little trick too....Papa taught him to shoot the paper off your straw! He just thought that was the funniest thing ever. So he wanted to try and he ended up just spitting a lot through the straw and of course we all reacted when he pointed to us, so we was CRACKING up! He made us all laugh a lot that night!
Sat. I had a c.c. meet in Overland Park. We did pretty well and a lot of kids got medals, so that was fun. While I was there, Brett and Kaden headed to the KU game with Brett's friend Mike and had a fun time I think. They lasted till the 4th quarter so that's pretty good for him. I got home a little after they had gotten there, so we played a little and then nap time for Kaden, and I ended up doing the same!!
Oops.
When we all woke up, we headed to my grandparents again to hang out and eat dinner over there, so that was fun. I love my aunt, she's so much fun, but she had gotten sick while she was here, so it was kinda laid back, but it is still always fun hanging out with family. Kaden played in the back yard with Papa and then wrestled around with Aunt Stephanie a lot, so he was pooped by the end of the night.

Sunday we went to early church (the sermon series we are on is AWESOME by the way) and then met Katie, Kale and Bailey at the pumpkin patch. My mom, sister, Brett's uncle Neal and all the kiddos had a great time finding the "perfect" pumpkin and going on the hay ride. I love the hot cider, so that was a highlight too! We then headed to Katie's for lunch and play time and on the way home Kaden was OUT in the car in like 10 seconds!!

Back home and nap/clean/pickup time for all of us and then got ready for Cayman's birthday party. Cayman is Kaden's little buddy from daycare. He turned 2 this weekend. They had a big moon walk (bouncy thing) in the front yard and lots of toys to play with. It was a lot of fun, and we stayed a lot longer than expected, time flies when you're having fun. I think the parents had lots of fun too, we did!

So the weekend was filled with stuff and Brett kept reminding me that this was his last FREE weekend till August, which is very true. We have Late Night this Friday, his parents in town for that, cross country still in effect for about 3 weeks, and who knows what else. It's all fun though, wouldn't want it any other way.

Oh, my other exciting news, for me, is that I am getting a new dishwasher!!! Yes, we moved into our nice new house and one cycle through the dishwasher and it hasn't' worked since. I think we got "jipped" on the appliances, make sure you check those things really good when finding your house! So I've been the dishwasher since we've moved in. This wed, it's all going to change!!YEAH!!

Here are a few picts of the weekend and then we also got a new car this past week, so I'll post that too. (oh and I have picts of the house, and I think I sent it to most people so I wont post here, but if I didn't and you really wanted to see what our house looks like, email me!)

Take care and have great week!

Almost 3 Ft.! The gang! Kaden and Kale


 

 
Bailey TRYING to sleep! Look at that Cheez! Family picture


                      Our new suv, '08 GMC Acadia, I love it! Brett get's to drive my car till
we get him a more "manly" car...best husband ever!!







2 comments:

Taylor said...

A friend of mine has that same car and loves it too!!! Cute pictures... my dream job is to run my own pumpkin patch. I LOVE a good pumpkin patch!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures Kel! And I LOVE your new ride! No Minivan for that gal! :) But I don't know why you need a car at all, don't you just run everywhere? ;)