Monday, October 20, 2008

I LOVE this age!!

I think I say it all the time to Brett and Kaden each time he grows to a different stage, but I LOVE the age he's at right now. I know we have our bad times, but man I just LOVE this kid. He is my pride and joy and I can't imagine life without him. I really don't know what we did all the time before he was around. Those times are just a distant memory. He is such a great kid and soo much fun to interact with.
Like this morning... when we are getting ready, after he eats breakfast at the table, he comes upstairs and drinks his bottle on the floor in front of our bed and watches cartoons a little with a couple pillows behind him, so he did that but then takes a pillow and goes to the bathroom and sits on top of it while Brett was getting ready and just watches. Then he RAN back to me by the bed and just yell's "mmmoooommmmyyyy" and gave me a GREAT BIG HUG! I just love it.
Anyways, sorry to go off on my precious baby, but he's just a hoot!

Besides that....this weekend went GREAT!
Late Night was Friday night and all the recruits in town had a great time and we even got a an oral commitment from a big recruit and he'll sign in November, so that was great news!! All their families were really nice too and it's funny to be on the recruiting side more and more as a "coaches wife". KU is definitely all about Family, and I love it, and over the past few years more and more, we are expected to help along the process as they come in town. I think it allows their family members as well as themselves to see how we are just a big 'ole family!

So Brett's parents came in town for Late Night and then stayed with us that night and since I leave at the crack of dawn for c.c. meets in the morning, and Brett had the start of their practice, Barb and Larry were our babysitters for the day. Kaden had a great time with them and was worn out by the end of the afternoon, so much he didn't want to take a nap!!
After he woke up, we headed to Coach Self's house for the recruit dinner for the night and then his Assist Foundation party right after that. It's interesting to see the switch from one party to the next, those caterer's are good!! Everything went well and turn out great.

Sunday was church with Kaden and then lunch with grandma since my mom and sister were in Phillipsburg and Brett was at practice. Then we went to Gram and Pop's so Kaden could see/hang out with Papa, he LOVES his papa! He actually ended up staying and playing with them so I could head up to work for about 4 hrs and Gram even got him to take a good long nap!!
The day went great and it was nice outside too, so that's always fun. Brett got home at a decent time and we even played outside for a while and walked/wagon rode down the neighborhood.

Family time is soo fun to me!
(oh and I just found out that my brother is coming in this next weekend for a quick trip, along with Amber, but we'll only get to see her for a little bit)
(And my dad returns from Iraq in 7 days, well he leaves Baghdad in a couple days, but then transitions his way back to TX and gets in next week, so pray for a safe return...finally a year has past!)

1 comment:

Lacy said...

it makes my heart so happy to hear how happy you are and how great everything is going for you. i can't wait til Julian and i can come visit. :)