Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas has already started!

Well last wed. was our first of many "Christmas's". We had our annual party at Coach Self's house for our bball family. It is always fun and the kids do a little exchange as well. So Kaden was excited about that, Evan Manning was his secret Santa and Kaden had Lauren Self. He didn't care, he just loves opening gifts!
Next was Barb and Larry getting into town on Friday for our Ballard Christmas. Everyone was coming to our house and I made this great dinner, cleaned the house meticulously and was all ready. So that morning, Kaden woke up with a rash all over, and every time he gets one, he has strep....sure enough later that morning Dr. apt. confirmed strep!!YUCK. So he cant go back to daycare, cant' go to MaryBeth's daycare in the afternoon and I'm supposed to be cleaning and cooking!!!YIKES! Thanks to my best friend, my sister, she took over like it was her job! She luckily had the day off and took him right after his Dr. apt and watched him all day.
He started his meds, and we were ready for everyone to be there. Well Katie called and no go on her family coming over b/c of Kaden's strep and Bailey and Kale were still getting over their sickness, poor babies, sickling's everywhere. So I felt horrible we wouldn't be able to do the "Christmas" all together, but we went ahead and opened gifts with Barb and Larry and ate dinner and all that. I was soo excited as well b/c Brett MADE me open my gift from him, which I couldn't figure out what it was all wrapped up. I told him I didn't have his yet and I wanted to open together, but he really insisted. So I opened up all the boxes and he had gotten me the ENTIRE Willow Tree Nativity Scene!!! I'm soooo excited. I finally figured out the Nativity Scene I wanted and I started telling people that way I could collect over the years, well low and behold, he must of caught wind and he got it ALL for me! I was soooo surprised and sooo happy.

Kaden had a great Christmas w/ the Ballards too. He got a whole set of Tools, Thomas the Train Lego's, books, a stick pony from Brett's grandad, some Hutch shirts, and he was happy. We had lots of fun and now all he wants is to open all the other ones under the tree. He doesn't get this day by day Christmas thing!



So around 1:30AM Kaden woke up crying and I went into his bedroom to pat him back to sleep, as I open the door and get my first whiff, I knew he was crying for another reason. I turned on the light and there he was face down laying in throw up all over. So I called Brett in and we had to get him, the bed, clothes, and us all cleaned up. Fun times. After that was all done, he laid right back down and was out, poor baby.

So 30 mins later, my brother and his wife roll into town and they are staying at our house this week, so I greeted them, at least I was just up, and got them settled and back to bed I went.

Sat. morning arrived, Brett had to leave semi-early to get up to the office, we got around, pretty low key since he was just sick and just played with new toys and stuff till Brett and Amber woke up. He was excited to see them. We got ready for the game and my friend from High School and his wife came to our house to meet us and go to the game. We headed to lunch at Quintons and it was packed, but I really wanted their soup, so we got our food and were trying to eat quickly b/c we needed to get to the game, and all of a sudden Kaden started puking EVERYWHERE. I don't know what he was throwing up b/c all he had was some applesauce. So we clean all that up, I have it on my shirt, I had to take that off and take his 2nd layered shirt off, and its like 9 degrees outside, we put our jackets on and without eating but 2 bites of my soup, we left and mom took Kaden home. The rest of us headed to the game and had a great time, but I just felt bad for my poor baby. When we got home he was watching Dora, go figure, and just laying on the couch. He's been pretty upbeat the rest of the weekend but all he's had is crackers, toast and water, oh and a little Gatorade. Man, this sick stuff stinks!
Brett left with the team Sunday morning so we really haven't seen him much and they are in AZ w/ 60 degree weather and we are in 6 degrees! Not fair! The rest of us headed to Weavers to see SANTA!! We prepped Kaden for it and he was all excited and when we got their cousin Kale and Bailey were first in line, so we were set.....well until Santa came out. He grabbed onto my leg and was TERRIFIED!!! It was kinda funny. I calmed him down and we watched Kale sit on his lap and tell him what he wanted. Then we went to the back of the line with my other cousin and sister and were ready for round 2! As we got up there, he kept saying no, but would say ok if I went with him. So it's our turn....we walk up to Santa, and he was a good one, and Kaden is still not wanting to do this, he was clawed into my arm and we went up and talked to him for a sec and then squatted down to take a picture, kinda. Santa gave him a little candy cane and I told him to say thank you, and Kaden's response was "tank you tanta, tank you!" in this scared little pitiful voice. It was so cute though, b/c he kept saying it, and the told him he wanted Dora! So we walked two steps away and he turned smiled and looked at me and said "Momma, I saw tanta!" It was funny. He's to darn cute!


So he hasn't gotten sick, knock on wood, since sat. and his bland diet is staying bland for a little while. I am working today, Monday , and Tues, and then off for the rest of the week, I'm sooo excited! All my family is continuing to roll into town, cooking, baking and all of the above is going on and its so much fun. I'm ready for Brett to be home, he'll get back at like 4AM on Christmas Eve, so then he'll get like 2 days with us, YEAH!!
That's' about it for now, I still have to post pictures of my rooms I finished and I'll post later about our Christmas cookie baking we are doing tonight! Kaden is going to have so much fun with sprinkles!

1 comment:

WatchingTwoGrow said...

Poor Kaden!!! and Poor Kelly!!! The throwing up is never fun. I am glad he is doing better. I hope your many Christmas's continue to be very happy!