Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The End of 2008

Christmas was a blast! We had all our family here from Texas and my brother and Amber stayed at our house, they are easy occupants b/c they don't wake up till 10 or so and then are out the door, easy enough for me!

Kaden had good times with all the fam and racked in the presents over the few days of break.

(making Santa cookies w/ Granny couple days before Christmas)

We started with Christmas Eve with my mom. We went to church and haven't had Kaden in the sanctuary since he was a little baby, and for good reasons. He did pretty well when we were all singing but when it came time to just listen, all he kept saying was..."I go mom, I ready to go mom, I go" It was pretty funny, but also a little embarrassing. We kept him occupied with suckers, coloring and playing with the candlestick. Once we got to the end of the service and we started singing Silent Night, the candles were lit and he kept wanting to just blow them out like it was his birthday cake, and he did. Brett and I lit our candles throughout the whole song back and forth, but it was cute.
We headed to moms for a yummy dinner and then started in on the presents. Kaden had a blast and we just got to hang out and relax. He got a tent from my mom along with a Mickey Mouse bean bag chair, clothes, puzzles, and who knows what else and then my sister got him a Lightning McQueen trike that makes all sorts of noise, he was really excited about that. Uncle Brett and Aunt Amber also got him a Diego trike and Kaden REALLY wanted to open that box, but I think we're good with one trike! He loves his Lightning McQueen rain boots though, thanks!

Christmas morning we let Kaden walk downstairs and see what Santa brought him, and he got really confused when I said, "look he brought you this stuff", as soon as I said it, he started looking around for Santa. It was funny. He opened his stuff from us, cowboy boots, Elmo flashlight, little toys, and Brett opened up his gift from me, cowboy boots as well.
 
His first pair of cowboy boots, he and Kaden's first pair together!! We got ready and headed to my gram and pop's house and did TONS of more opening there. His big present was his basketball goal from my dad. He was SOOOO excited about it. He started playing immediately and he literally didn't miss a shot for like 7-8 straight times. Everyone was impressed, including myself. He was pumped!
 










(playing with Jace's guitar) (Papa rockin out with Jace and Kaden)

We opened up all the rest and we were just nestled in presents, wrapping paper and boxes, it was tons of fun. Everyone made out pretty well and the day was fun.


(Papa playing cards with the great-grandkids...so cute!)
My cousins husband, who played soccer in h.s and college a little, bet everyone, not sure how it started, but bet that he could kick a 40 yard field goal.(he can kick like no other) Now mind you, he hasn't worked out, kicked, played soccer, anything for a good 5-6 years, probably. So he kept saying he could do it, and we put him to the test. We headed to Lawrence High's field, he literally stretched for like 2 mins, had a semi-flat football, softball cleats on, and a couple practice kicks, and by our surprise, kicked a 40 yard field goal!!! We were all impressed!

We ate to much, played lots of games, went back and forth from our house to grams, boys played poker(and Steph), won and lost money, watched movies, shopped at the Legends, got good deals, and had SOOO much fun with our family.

It was sad to see everyone go, and get back to "normal" but always fun to get together. I think we are all pretty blessed to have everyone able to visit, have a great time and finish 2008 that way.
We are off to some friends house for the Insight Bowl watch party, then play games and have fun ringing in the New Year.

Thank you everyone for being a part of our lives and I wish everyone a safe and happy New Year!!

6 comments:

Lacy said...

sounds like you guys had a great time!! hope you had a happy new years as well!! i'm sure it wasn't as fun as dancing on bars but i guess we all have to grow up a little someday.
those pictures of your Pop and the kids are PRICELESS!! very very cute. YOU AND KADEN WILL BE HERE IN 8 DAYS!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEE

Katie said...

I LOVE the picture of your grandpa playing the guitar with the boys. That is too funny! Give my favorite little nephew a kiss for me until I see him again :)

allthingsskelton said...

I think your blog needs a pic of Brett and Kaden in their boots! Sounds like you all had a super Christmas and New Year. The Rick Sutton clan gathered at McP for New Years. We had to wake Dad up to toast at 12:00. :
Have an amazing 2009 and we'll have to see about getting that way for a game. E's bball schedule has changed some of our previous plans. Take care!
-Karren

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about our fun time in Lawrence. We are blessed to have such a great family---most everyone is a little nuts too, but that's what makes it fun.
Love ya, Kel, and thanks for everything.

Auntie Ann

PS Way to go Jayhawks, for beating Tennessee. Looking handsome Brett, on TV !

Anonymous said...

What adorable pics Kel! So glad you all had a wonderful X-mas! Oh, and I looked online for a while the other day but can't find that silly, "Poo Poo Mizzou" onesie anywhere! I had ordered it online when I was first prego, so might not exist anymore, but I'll keep my eyes open for it! :)

CARR FAMILY said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your family. Glad everyone made it. Love the traditions!
Take Care