So a GREAT weekend....
Ran the Shamrock Shuffle, nice weather,
won the BIG 12 outright,
Dain's 30th bday party was fun,
Grandpa Ballard in town,
Lots of stuff done for Kaden's bday party.....
Now this week.....
Busy today, of course, it's Monday,
Brett wont be home till 11:30 or 12 tonight,
Kaden had swim lessons, did really well,
Kaden and I walked, played, ate dinner, watched KU Highlight video, bathed, did meds, watched Dora, read books, started crying for dad.....and crying for dad, and crying for dad....
I've never seen him be like that at all for his dad. Now I know he loves the guy soo very much, but he usually is ok with me just saying he's at work and he'll see you in the morning....well not tonight. Lots of tears and almost 9pm, so we had to make a call to dad and crying'ly said our night nights....unbearable for Brett and I really shouldn't of done it b/c it broke his heart and he feels guilty enough that he's not around, but it was the only thing that would calm Kaden down.......
So to sleep he went.
Continued my packing for the week, picking up from this mornings packing,
got snacks and "stuff" to do in our bag for Kaden. Pretty much done.
I just checked email, and blogs, and am posting b/c I don't know when I'll get a chance to again....here's why....
I have a test wed for class, so study in a minute and tomorrow, maybe...
So test at noon on wed, get back to Lawrence from class around 3:45, get Kaden from daycare(hopefully he'll do an early nap) and make sure we have everything, head up to Field house to leave with the family bus at 5pm.
On our way to Oklahoma City, 5 hr bus ride, this ought to be fun with a 2 yr. old!!! Get there around 10 or so and off to bed, the rest of the week is planned out for us and I'll have to find time to fit in my training for the half marathon while I'm there, yippee!
Thurs-Sat, stuff with the team and GAMES!!! Sat we play, yes we will play, at 5:10, and then will bus back to Lawrence after the awards and stuff, so we're thinking 1-2AM return.
Here's the kicker...Kaden's bday is SUNDAY!!! He'll be 2, my little boy will be 2!!!
So not lots of sleep...
Up early to get stuff cooked, decorated, balloons at store, yada yada and party at 12:30....with about 30 people at our house!!!
I'm really excited about the party, nothing big, but always fun to have tons of people over and to celebrate such a great life brought into this world!!!
So then I'm thinking some major nap time for us all after everyone leaves, or just clean everything up!!
That's it in a nut-shell.....wish me/us luck on everything!!
Take care everyone!
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!
2 comments:
SOOOOO wish we could be there :(
Wow you are amazing! Remember to take care of Kelly too! If you ever need any help please do nt hesitate to call me.
I remeber that age, Marty wanted Dad to put him to bed not Mom. Marty was a mommas boy then daddys boy them mommas boy now daddys boy again! Don't worry Marty will be mommas boy again during the teenage years!!!!
Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment