Well camps finally finished up on Sunday, so Brett's father's day was morning full of camp, then afternoon coming home to me laying in bed(not feeling so great) getting a lawn mower out of the car by himself and hurting his back, then out with the managers for the night! Sweet huh!
On the note of his hurt back, come to find out yesterday with an x-ray, he has a crack in his bone and other "problems" in his lower back. He can hardly, well really can't, stand up straight, sit comfortably, and is ok when he lays down. It really hurts me to see him like this b/c most of you know, Brett is NOT a complainer at ALL. Me, yes, all the time, but Brett, NEVER EVER complains, and he's in a lot of pain. So he is getting an MRI today to find out more. They think the crack in his bone is from back in the day from playing ball, he's had a HORRIBLE back since way back then, and just never does anything about it. I think this is literally just the straw that broke the camel's back. So for a quick fix before we leave for our cruise we hope he can get a cortisone shot to help the pain, and hopefully we'll find out more from the MRI today too. I feel sooooooo bad. All he wants to do is play with Kaden since we really haven't seen/talked to him for close to a month, and it's a struggle. Plus we are leaving for 6 days without our little guy!!!
I'm most distraught about leaving Kaden, I think 2 days or so is the longest I've left him, plus I cant even call him to say hi until we are back in the states, this is going to be tough!!!! I am however EXTREMELY excited for our cruise. We were booking excursions for our stops last night and it made it more exciting. We cant wait and I know its a much needed break for both of us.
As soon as we get back thur afternoon, we'll either leave thur night or fri morning for P-burg and then out to the lake for our annual 4th of July with my mom's family. I LOVE going out there, it's soooooo much fun and its just great memories we've had since we've been little kids. So a lot going on in the next week and 1/2 and soo much fun!!!
I'm sure I'll overload with pictures after our cruise and lake adventure, so get ready. And I'll update on Brett when we find out.
Baby is doing good I guess too, we'll go back in 4 weeks. Still feeling sick off and on allllll day, thank goodness for meds!
Until later.......we leave in 4 days!!!
1 comment:
i'm so sorry about Brett's back. i'm fixin to call and see if yall found out anything. you guys both most definitely deserve a wonderful relaxing vacation. I hope you guys have a great time.
did you read my blog? what do you do with a 6 month old that is EVERYWHERE and is obsessed with electrical cords? any suggestions?
wish i was goin to Pburg with you guys for the 4th. awwwww. the memories.
yeah and it's not looking like we will be making it to Lawrence this summer but our goal is before he's one... maybe we can come to see the new little one. so sorry
Post a Comment