Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend Update!

So as most of you know, I dont get to see my husband very much in June due to camps, so we are on our last leg though of camps, this week and through the weekend and we'll be done with all 5 camps!!! Then we get to go on our cruise, yeah!!!
But this last week/weekend was crazy...
My cousins and aunt came in on wed and we got to see/hang out with them almost everynight and they even made an appearance at Dog Days with us, which was very cool. We had nice dinners, great play time with Kaden and McKenna, and long naps (for us all). After work friday Steph and I went out to the Expo for the Ironman and the 5k/10k run that she was doing sat. and I was part of the Ironman 70.3 triathalon on sunday. So we went and got our stuff, strolled around and headed back to grams. Friday night rolled around and we got the very very sad news that Dr. Fredrick had passed away from a freak bike accident, so we were all very somber that night. Dr. Fredrick and his family have been great friends of my grandparents, sister, dad, and we've all known them forever, so its a great loss for a great family and he'll be dearly missed. Late that night (1:30AM) my brother called me and told me that our papa was in an abulance to the ER, so I freaked out! I called my sister, she came and got me and we headed to the ER. Still not knowing what was going on and with Dr. Fredrick's death hours before, my mind was racing. We got there, finally got to see him and he was in much less pain than I guess when they had to call 911. He ended up having diverticulitis (sp?) and now they are saying he'll also have to have a colonoskopy. So with meds and rest, he got to go home that night, but is now just laying low for the next step. So we were there till almost 5AM and Steph had her 10K race at 8AM. I was planning on going, but woke up an hour and 1/2 later and was not feeling well, so I skipped out, but she made it to her race and did AWESOME!!! Mom went with her and said she was great!
Sunday rolled around and I honestly was hoping for the big bad thunderstorms we were supposed to get, but when I woke up it was really nice out! My teammates headed out at like 4:30AM b/c Claudine, Kadens' swim teacher, started her swim at 7:15 and with 2,000 people trying to get out there at once, was a mess. But I got to go around 9:30 to meet up with them since I wouldnt be running till Cristal got back from biking. Claudine did AWESOME and swam her 1.2 miles in 32 mins!!!! Cristal bike her 56 miles in 3 hr. 8 mins, and then I pulled in the rear and did the 1/2 marathon in 1:44. Not my best time, but had slight hurdles along the way. I think we are going to do it again next year and give ourselves more than 3 weeks to train! But we pulled out 2nd place!!! Out of all the women relay teams we were just hoping to finish, but we got 2nd! We were pumped and got a true yellow brick (for yellow brick road-kansas you know!) and a medal. It was quite the experience out there and I'll for sure do it again, never the whole triathalon by myself, but relay any day! There are some unbelievalbe atheletes out there and it was so cool to watch!
Then sunday evening we started up with camp again and we'll go through thurs, then Brett has one final one, team camp, through sunday.
Hope I didnt bore you all, but thought it was a good update.
Oh, and our neice Bailey turned 1 yesterday!!! I cant believe she's 1 already, and we miss them so much. It is to bad they are in Utah for her 1st bday, wish we could celebrate together. Oh well, she probably wont remember! Happy belated bday Bailey!!
Till next time....

No comments: