I know I've said it a thousand times, but I just LOVE my kiddos!
A few little stories in particular to just remember one of these days....
This weekend we went to our first Baker football game. We dropped Brooks off with Granny b/c he is pretty sick and we didn't want him out and about any more than needed. So as we were leaving her house Kaden piped in and said " HEY, why isn't Brooks coming with us?" So we explained and he was ok with it, but the fact that he was so concerned made it so sweet.
I know I try my hardest to give equal time to each of the boys, but as Brooks is the little one and needs more of my time, it's inevitable that he'll get it. Kaden has been really good about it until a month or so ago and started showing more "smartness" to us, and mainly just for more attention. As I see this, I try to alleviate it and do things with him and just him, but again it's hard.
Soooo, to say he had fun at the game was a little understatement. I think he was more excited that he had mom and dad ALL to himself. Brett had to do a half time show on the radio and Kaden was extremely worried how he was going to get back to us, where he was going, what he was doing, how he'd get home...and he was only a few feet from us, but the mysterious radio thing got to him...since we couldn't hear him. My favorite thing about the night though was that he hugged ALL over me, kissed me, loved sitting in my lap, along with dad and just had a great time. He lasted the whole game and was even a little upset that Ottawa beat Baker, he told EVERYONE!
As we got back to Granny's house, he RAN as FAST as he could to Brooks and gave him the BIGGEST hug ever, he was so happy to see him. It made my heart melt. I know they are just going to be the best of buddies.
So as we are all getting sick this weekend...we left yesterday morning, me to school and Brett taking the kids to daycare. I told him I'd come pick Brooks up to take him to the doctor along with myself, and Kaden's response was "Am I ok or am I sick too?" He just wanted to make sure we were looking after him as well. :)
Another milestone...Brooks said his first word this weekend.........MAMA!!!! As much as Brett doesn't want to admit it, he has said it and said it over and over again. Kaden will vouge for me as well. So it's down in the baby book as his first word. Brett got "dada" with Kaden and I got "mama" with Brooks!!! YEAH!!!
We also made it to the Alvamar pool again this weekend and of course Kaden had a blast. Along with the other stories, he wanted Brooks to get in the pool with him, but made sure to tell me..."Mom, you take care of Brooks, and dad you'll take care of me!" Got that situated and we were all good!
Some of the other funny things we try to make a mental note about Kaden lately are the little things he says, but pronounces incorrectly, which ALWAYS makes it funnier!
Some examples:
1. Oh man, I need some more water or a snack so I can have enough "injury" to play. (aka-energy)
2. Hey that rug in your bathroom is a little "cricket", you might want to fix it. (aka-crooked)
3. Hey guys, do you know what I'm "stinkin'"? (aka-thinkin')
4. {singing his favorite song} Rain makes corn, corn makes whisky, whisky makes my baby...feel a little frisky. Back roads are hoppin', my buddies pile up in my truck, We chase our hunnies down, we take 'em into town, start warshing all our worries down the drain...Rain is a good "shing" (aka-thing)
5. Hey mom I don't need my flip flops on outside do I?....I don't think the "conrepe" is hot...nope, the "concrepe" isn't hot mom!! (aka-concrete)
6. Hey dad....lets go play froosbie! (aka-frisbie)
Man we're in for a LOT of good years of laughter!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment