Sunday, August 8, 2010

Texas Trip

Our trip to Texas was a BLAST!!! I got to see sooo many friends I haven't seen in forever, and got to see and hang out with lots of family!! We left tues afternoon and arrived safely and in great moods to Love Field in Dallas. Brooks had a WONDERFUL first flight and Kaden hung out with Uncle Brett in the row across from us. We finally got our rental car, uuugghhhh Avis, and got some food (it was like 10PM by then) and arrived at the Mansfield's Mansion to eat and go to bed. We woke up and headed out semi early to the mall to meet my best friend Meghan and her MaKenna quickly before they left to come home to Kansas to see her family. But Kaden had a good time riding the carousal and shopping...(getting a little Cowboy gear from his Aunt and Uncle, I love it, but dad...not so much!!) On to see my next friend Amelia that I haven't seen in...I think we figured 13 years!!!! We were best of friends in high school in Plano before I moved my senior year. I finally got to meet her adorable kids Holton and Tessa, however I completely forgot to snap a picture b/c we were to engaged catching up, next time Amelia! But Kaden had fun at their house and she's expecting their 3rd, Miss Bailey Sue, in a couple months!!! Back to the Mansfields and Kaden fell in love with their Skeet Ball machine, along with their Shuffle Board table. Brooks liked their HUMONGOUS bean bags! The girls, Gable and Dibrell made it home LATE that night from their mission trip to Latvia and we got to hang out with them a little the next day!! We LOVE the Mansfield family!!! The next morning we headed out to see my friend Lyric, that I haven't seen in like 10-11 years!! I did remember to get a picture with her and meet her cute little boy Cole. I think Kaden had lots of fun with Cole too, they played and played. She is expecting baby #2 in March, so it's fun to talk about all that. Plus we had some time to make up as well since it had been so long. Lyric and I were the best of friends in Plano as well and got to see a little of each other when she went to Texas Tech and I was in Lubbock, but it had been way to long! It was great catching up and it seems like we hadn't missed a beat! We ate lunch with the McMillions and then hung out at their house and ANOTHER friend of mine came to see us there. Shannon and I were friends in jr. high as well and same story, hadn't seen each other for like 13 yrs. We got to meet her cute boy Bryce and catch up as well. We finally headed over to Arlington later that night and got to Auntie Ann's house with all the cousins! We always have so much fun with them and it's a plus that Ann has a pool to hang out in. We played in the pool a little that night and then pretty much the whole next day. Dad came over too and Kaden was PUMPED to see his T-Pa! The boys and I went back with dad to his ranch that night and Brett and Amber stayed in Arlington to pick Steph up from the airport and met us over there the next day. We woke up and Kaden headed out with T-Pa to do the morning duties on the ranch. He helped feed and water the horses but most of all LOVED riding/driving the Gator. Brooks enjoyed it all too! We went saddled up a horse later and got to ride as well with the cousins. It was a HOT one, but the kids had a great time, and I always love riding as well. When Steph got there and we met up with everyone, we went to Lake Grandbury b/c dad got a boat from a friend and we had a lake house to go to as well that was one of my dads friends. We met up in a cove with the cousins and their boats and just enjoyed swimming and splashing around. Brooks really enjoyed the ride(as you can see) he fell asleep almost every time we took off! We got to use their jet ski and they had a slide off their dock so we had a BLAST with that. Kaden was kinda scared to do it from the very top, so I held him towards the bottom of it and he slid off. He did great but his favorite was watching us slide or jump off the second story of the dock and do silly things into the water! Overall the lake was a blast and I can't wait till someday we get a boat!!! It was a long time away from home and Brett (the longest we've been apart and him from the kids) 6 days, but we had such a good time. I love going down to Texas and seeing everyone and hanging out. Brings back lots of memories and it's just so much fun there. On the way to the airport the way home, Kaden was kinda grumpy and kept telling me his tummy hurt. We were like 2 mins away from the terminal drop off but had to pull over for gas in the car before we returned it. As we were in the turn lane to the gas station.....Kaden puked EVERYWHERE!!! I was holding it, it was in his lap, all over his car seat and poor little guy kept telling me he didn't feel good. We got him all cleaned up and to the airport and things were fine from there, I think he just got a little car sick, poor baby! Fun times I tell ya, but thanks to all my family's help, otherwise I would have started crying myself! We got situated and Kaden sat with Amber and Brett this time and had a great flight home as did Brooks. So overall, things went GREAT and I have such a GREAT family!!! oh and here's a little clip of Brooks cracking us up at a restaurant one night...he enjoyed the straw game!!!

2 comments:

Amber Temple said...

That could quite possibly be the worst picture of both Brett and I (the one on the jet ski)!

WatchingTwoGrow said...

That looks like a perfect vacation. I am glad you guys had so much fun!!!