Last night was Brett's first basketball game as a HEAD COACH! What an event!!!
To sum it up, it was a nail biter!
The game was a LOT of fun, they had a great crowd, the students were great and we had a LOT of family and friends there to support Brett on his very FIRST game. His parents came from Hutch, my dad flew in from TX, most of all his buddies, even Bryce from Hutch drove up, his sister & brother-in-law, my brother & sister-in-law, and mom & sister, and a few great close friends from Lawrence.
There were tons of our kids running around (8 little ones) or babbling(4 babies) and they were all on good behavior. With more room to run around and have more leeway with than at KU games, it is actually a little harder to keep in control, but they were good.
The Wildcats didn't play their best, but I/we saw a lot of good things and I'm anxious for them to realize it and put it all together. At one point we were up by at least 12, then to only loose it with tiredness and turnovers and trail at the last 2 seconds of the game by 2 points.
With an inbound pass by the opponents (Kansas Wesleyan's) to mid court, one of ours, Sam Kenney, caught the pass...turned...and baseball launched it towards the goal and it swished in like it was meant to!!! It was an unbelievable shot and only those you see on ESPN high school highlight games or something, nothing I've ever witnessed. Brooks was asleep, even as I leaped up to cheer, and Kaden kept asking why they were tackling the player, but man was it a screamer of a shot!
After about 10 mins of reviewing the shot (NAIA doesn't have the high-tech technology that we're used to) they finally determined it was good and we WON by 1 point!!!
It's been the talk of "our" world today and is so fun. I'm soooo thrilled for Brett b/c I know he wanted his first game to be a "W", as any game you do, but this was a big one for the start of his career. It will only get better and I think is an oman for what's to come!!!
Congrats to the Baker Wildcats and to Coach Ballard!!! (hehe)
(Pregame with daddy!)

Waiting for game time...



All our friends...


Lots of friends to play with too....

Game time:



And paying sooo much attention during the game...

Missed the half court shot picture, but here's the score board and offcials telling us it was GOOD!

Here's a couple random shots too:
One of my cousins kids at the game in Hillsboro and one of my dad and Brooks at the alumni scrimmage before the season!
1 comment:
whew hew!! tell Coach Ballard I am soooo proud!!
Post a Comment