
Smiley face was our theme because it fits Brooks really well, and it stayed true throughout the whole day! I did make his cake, like I will do for a long time for all our kids, and since it was a fairly simple cake, circle with face on it, I decided to try to make fondant for the icing. I wanted it to have a little sleeker look. As it turned out ok, and it definitely tasted WAY better than most fondant I've ever tasted...it didn't quite fall onto the cake like the professionals on Ace of Cakes. However, I got it to lay and smooth out pretty well. So I'll attempt a different recipe for the next time I make fondant but it was really simple.
Brooks is blessed with so many people that love him and it truly showed with the showering of gifts and love that were at the party! Thank you to everyone that could come and those thinking of him as well. We are blessed once again with this little guy in our lives!












No comments:
Post a Comment