Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ballard Christmas and Light Looking!!

We hosted Christmas with the Ballard's last weekend and it was great. After Kaden had gotten sick the day before and was a pretty punie little boy, he sure perked up when his cousins arrived. I was so releaved he felt better. We ate and talked and opened gifts and then decided to head downtown to see Santa. Kaden has been pretty excited about seeing Santa and was going to tell him all about the bike he wanted. I knew exactly what was going to happen, and it did, but he held on tight to me and let Santa know it was a bike he wanted and that his brother wanted a ball. It was a lot of fun.(Brooks was asleep) We wish everyone stayed a little longer but everyone is so busy this time of year, we understand! Thanks Ballard's and Hammerschmidt's for all the gifts and the time we got to spend together. The other night we went out on our "family outing" of going to look at Christmas lights. I want this to be an annual tradition in our family. When Brett and I were dating he used to take me around and do this, and when we were kids I fondly remember my mom and dad driving us around to some GRAND houses with lights galore! So Kaden was ready and wanted to drink Hot Chocolate in the car while doing it. So we headed out and we weren't dissapointed. Our favorite was the house that you sync your radio to a specific station and the lights go in sync with the songs, they even had a ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK song, it was awesome! Everyone had a great time and saw just enough lights to get home before anyone got to fussy! I love these memories and all the things tied with Christmas! This first house was Coach Self's, but my camera was being bad....The next one is ours! Looks better in person!

Such great times with my family, I LOVE IT!!!!


Oh and here's a little video of the kids copying eachother...watch for the ending!

No comments: