So Kaden and I ran in the annual Turkey Trot in Lawrence on Thanksgiving morning. It was GREAT weather actually and it turned out really good. Kaden ran in the kids fun run, about a mile, after my race and enjoyed receiving his medal to add to his collection. Brooks joined him in the last few meters to get his medal also! Fun times!!!
We then held our family Thanksgiving at our house for the first time, kinda weird not being at my grandparents house, but it was a lot of fun for everyone to be at our house. There was a lot of prepping and planning, but all things turned out and we had a great day!!! So glad some family members from Texas could join us!
2 days later we had our other "boys", aka Baker basketball team, come over for the Team Thanksgiving at our house. There was once again a LOT of prepping and cooking, and cleaning to make it successful, but I think we pulled it off. I had LOTS of help from family and I can only say one thing....I could NOT do any of that work without my MOM!!!! She's the BEST and deserves more than I can ever give her!
The boys left full and happy I think and it's always fun to have them over...might need to invest in a bigger house for the future, those boys don't get any smaller!
My mom and I ALWAYS do Black Friday shopping, so it was no different this year. I didn't have any MAJOR big purchases, but I can't resist a GREAT deal. It's nice b/c I can get all of Christmas, Brooks' birthday and Kaden's birthday all done in a few long hours!!! We started Thanksgiving night about 9:30pm till around 2:30, then back out the next morning around 8:30am-1pm. It was a blast and my mom is so fun to fight through the crouds with.
I got home for naps and Brooks' obsession with basketball is shown here:
It happens almost all the time to sleep with a basketball, and always with blanky and "juju". The KU book has become an absolute favorite lately as well and we've only read it about 800 times! So cute!
Kaden's class does Bible story once a month and I finally got to stay for it this past time. They were so cute all lined up on stage and they were doing a Thankful Tree after the passage. His "thankful leaf" said :"I love my mommy because she cooks me good dinners!" I had to chuckle when it was read but also choked up b/c that's soooo sweet of him to say. ( I don't know if pbj's, maccaroni, and spaghettio's account for GOOD, but whatever works!) Love my Kaden!!
The other week we were out looking around at stuff and the kids were so funny and good and cracking me up in the store. The boys just hopped under the shelves to check out some new cars they wanted and at one point I turned the isle and Brooks was taking ALL the footballs off the shelf, lining them up, and then putting them back. So funny!
And on to the next...............




No comments:
Post a Comment