Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Breagan Milee Ballard

She has arrived!!!
Breagan Milee Ballard * 5 lb. 7 oz. * 18 1/2" long * 12:22 pm
(pronounced Reagan with a "B" or Bray-gan, and Milee is from my middle name Miles and Brett's middle name Lee)

She is a precious miracle and such a joy to have in our family. Her arrival was early, little over 3 weeks early, but I'm so excited she is here!!! We finally decided to visit the hospital that we were going to deliver at on Sunday afternoon since my mom and sister were in town and Brett had the afternoon off. So he and I headed up there to gather our surroundings and get a little tour. Little did we know, that less than 24 hrs later, we would be there delivering our precious bundle!!!

I started having contraction pains Sunday night around 9pm and I timed them alllllll night long. They weren't horrible, and they were still 10 to 8 mins apart, so I decided to let Brett and the rest of the family get some good sleep, "just in case". Well at 6 am I decided pacing the house was a better position and at that point they were 5 mins apart and quickly jumped to 3 mins apart. They were not long contractions, which I totally thought they had to be at least 1 min. in length, so I still thought they were Braxton Hicks. I finally called my Dr.'s office when they opened at 8:30 am and the nurse said that the length didn't matter, but the time between did, oops! Luckily Brett was in town b/c they were to leave the next day, along with my mom and sister being able to stay b/c it was Martin Luther King day so they were off. So we were headed to the Dr.'s office to have them check me, b/c I didn't want to be "that 3rd time mom" and get sent home. Well on the way there Brett decided that I was in to much pain and we turned in the direction of the hospital instead of the office. Good thing we did.........I walked in myself, my mom and Brett were parking b/c she followed, admitted myself and then waited and waited and waited to get back to a room. When I finally did, I was dilated to 4 cm and as they said "I was a keeper".  So once everything got entered and time went by, I FINALLY got my epidural, which was THE WORST PAIN I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!!! I don't know what the anesthesiologist was doing, but it wasn't working and he stuck me 3 or 4 times before he layed me down and finally got it done. I just don't know what he was doing, but Brett even lost it during that b/c of the way I screamed, it bothered him just as much. Once everything was set, I was good to go and from admitted at 9:45 ish and then in a room after 10:15 am, I delivered her at 12:22 with a 1/2 of a push (literally). I LOVE my labors, easy peasy!!

My mom and sister adjusted their schedules and took care of the boys the next couple days while we were in the hospital and then left the day after we got home. I was a lucky girl to have it timed just right that everyone was here and we actually had the help we needed. It's a LOT different not having all our families around to help and/or just see. The hospital room was quiet not having all friends/family coming around to visit, but it's still good. Brett's parents came the following weekend and my dad gets to come up this coming weekend. We hope to introduce her to her remaining aunts/uncles/cousins soon!!!

Breagan is such a sweetie and such a good little girl. She's much different than the boys, and I don't know if it's b/c it's 3rd time around, or it's a girl, or what, but it's just different. She has a squeekiness to her and it's adorable. I call her my dolphin caller b/c of her squeeks! She is just a princess and I think the boys and Brett already have her wrapped around their fingers! They love to hold and kiss her as much as possible.

We love you so much already Breagan and are so happy you are here!!!

No comments: