Monday, February 25, 2013

These are the days

I never imagined my days would be like this...
I always dreamed of staying home with the kiddos and for it to be true still hits me some days. I love coming up with new things to do or to entertain at home along with going outside the house to do errands or find fun new things to see/do as well. As I do LOVE my kids, it is sure nice when they go to school. Brooks goes Monday and Wednesday and Kaden's kindergarten is all day, so it leaves a little me and Breagan time here and there.

Right now, she is really fussy (started about 3 weeks old). I think she's pretty gassy and has some colic. Which is no surprise b/c the boys were just like that. When Brett is home, he usually takes the first "shift" of her and is out in the living room so I can get a little sleep. Then after the next feeding I usually take the rest of the night/morning. Not always, and that's always super nice. The days he's gone recruiting or away games makes for some long nights, which is a lot these days, but we get through them and I am finding the car seat is a favorite "crib" for her. Once again the boys were "car seat babies" also.
Lately she is screaming bloody murder due to tummy and is also throwing up a lot. I actually took her in today to Dr. Harrington b/c of that and a rash she had all over her face/neck. Seems like I diagnosed my own child, but I guess paying a $30 copay was what we needed to do to get some reassurance. She told me everything looked good and at 5 weeks old she is 9.7 lbs!!!! So she gained 3 lbs in 3 weeks! Looks like I will have another chunker on my hands!!! But just letting her grow out of this is what we have to do. We are going to try to not hold her as much, especially during the night, so she can learn to sleep on her own. We do what we can do to get some sleep right now, I'm sure it'll all work itself out eventually I hope!
She is a pretty little girl and when is calm/comfortable, she loves looking around, hold her head up pretty well and make all sorts of funny faces. She is a doll!!!

When I'm not feeding, holding, burping, cleaning myself or her from massive puke all over, or rocking her back to sleep... I'm usually entertaining Brooks when he is home via playing basketball upstairs. That kid is obsessed and he loves to practice his shot or new dunks he comes up with! Kaden is doing soooo well in school. He is in the KC club (Kindness and Compassionate Leadership club) which meet every other week and help do things for their school or community. He was chosen by his teacher and is the only kindergartner in there. There are 1st-5th graders in the club as well and he is enjoying it so far. I'm such a proud parent to have received the letter from his teacher and Brett and I are honored for him to be a part of the club. He is such a good and caring child!
And now we are awaiting baseball season to start and he is anxious to play on a team this year! Turning 6 is right around the corner so we are deciding on what to do for party and what he wants. Oh the decisions!!!
That's about it for now,
Till next time.....

No comments: