Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And We're Off

So Kaden and I are off tonight to make the drive to Omaha! It's only like 3 hours away, so not to worried. I think I'm going to pick him up from daycare, feed, play and bathe him, then pj's on and off we go. I'll give him his bottle in the car. I'm hoping he'll sleep most of the way b/c it'll be about bed time when we leave. I'm pretty excited to go to this round since we missed all of this last year, and for GREAT reasons, but it'll be fun to experience this at least one more year and Kaden can learn to enjoy even more basketball. The team and family buses left yesterday and we were going to try to do that, that way I wouldn't have to drive or spend gas money, but I figured I needed a paycheck, so I worked yesterday and all day today and then I'll just miss Thurs and Friday. I'm excited to see Brett too. Don't get to see him very much this last part of the year. Even when he is home, usually I'm already asleep. So the time we spend together is in the morning getting ourselves and Kaden ready for the day, so that goes by quick as well. I don't really get to see him much on the road either, but at least I know we're there together. It's usually just me in the hotel room and now w/ Kaden I'm off being busy to keep him occupied and off doing things with the other wives/families. I think this trip they have some stuff planned for us to do if we want, so the zoo or something might be fun for Kaden weather permitting. We play tomorrow morning like at 11:30 I believe and then the Sat. game is in the afternoon, so we'll get back home at a decent time.
Kaden got sick the night before last, all over himself, crib, sheets, Brett...so that was a fun midnight wake up call!! Good thing Brett was home for that one to help.(it was only like a 1/4 of what was at the game and in the car) Bath, laundry, re-sheeting the bed, and then getting him back down took long enough, let alone if I had to have done it by myself. So yesterday and today he's been fine, just not eating a whole lot. I am trying to keep it pretty bland and he's really only had applesauce and crackers, plus some water and a little watery Gatorade. But whatever he wants right now, I just don't want him to get dehydrated or to hungry. When we went to his apt on Monday, they gave him a really strong/stinging shot for the ear infection (this is #6 or 7) and I think that's what made his stomach upset that night. I think this round he's finally getting sick of the ear infections b/c he's whinny and pulling A LOT at his ear and all the times before you wouldn't even know he had one. I don't blame him though, it's not comfortable. He was really cute last night though. We went on a little walk w/ Cooper and then came back and got Jack and did the same, then came in, ate a little, then played/read books/hit baseballs, and when it was time for his bottle we got that and he usually drinks all 8 oz...well he drank about 3 and pushed it away and then looked at me, snuggled into my chest and fell straight to sleep. It was really weird b/c he usually puts up a tiny fight and usually drinks alllllll his bottle, so I KNOW he's not feeling exactly right. But we woke up this morning and had no episodes during the night, so I guess I can just be happy he's not puking for the time being.
That's all I know for now, we'll post again in Omaha or when we get back with some victories!!ROCK CHALK!!! (and Happy Easter if I don't get one posted in time!!)

No comments: