So Omaha was a success!!! We made it back late Saturday night and had a good time while we were there. We went to the zoo, watched a lot of good basketball and roamed our hotel many many times. Kaden is definitely off on his own. He would even just slip out of our room and start walking the halls and not afraid we weren't right there w/ him.(although we were watching) He also discovered a new "trick"....he can "dance". It's pretty darn cute. It all started Sat. night when we were in the hotel dining area and there was a big t.v. we were all watching the K-State game while it was "happy hour". So Kaden decided he wanted to entertain the entire group of hotel guests by walking up to the t.v. and just turning around and smiling. Of course everyone was laughing and thought he was cute, then he started doing these calf raises and then started wiggling...so I started laughing and said "are you dancing?" and he just smiled and started moving his feet real quick and shaking his right arm and wiggling his body, so now on command he can "dance". It's really cute I have to say.
We drove home after the game on Sat, so we got home really late, but made it just fine. We went to church on Sunday and did a little Easter Egg Hunt w/ Aunt Stephanie after the services, then went to eat w/ grandma and papa and did pretty good all day long. He liked throwing the eggs around and seeing if they cracked open so he'd have two sides to an egg!!! No treats inside, mom at those:) I'll send all the picts soon, not enough room to put them on here!!(to many to choose)
Yesterday was back to work and day care and I think he was ready to play with some kids!!! So now they are off to Detroit on wednesday. We were planning on going, Kaden and I, but last min. decision yesterday, we decided it'd be best not to go, mainly b/c the game on Friday isn't till 9:40 Michigan time, which means it wont start till 10:00 and that's pretty late for him to be dragged out there. So not being selfish, we'll sit this trip out and just plan on heading to San Antonio!!! (knock on wood)
That's about it from here....oh, and I have officially decided to NOT do the Ironman competition in June. I am still going to do the Lawrence 1/2 marathon April 20th. It's just a lot to try to get myself through b/c of Brett's job, and my job as a mother along with my regular job and house job and all that!! So, I'll put that off for now and just get back to normal working out. Which I snoozed my alarm this morning so I'll have to do it this afternoon, but that's ok, b/c I think it's supposed to be like 64, which is like a heat wave up here!!!
Till next time, love you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment