What a ride!!! So, I know everyone wanted me to post and see how things went, and I've tried a few times to get on this and I couldn't ever sign on. So now I'm at work this morning and this is the first thing I'm doing so I won't get harassed, jk.
I'll start off with the chant that kept being done on our bus after Monday's game....(put the tune in your head) National...whoop whoop, Champions....whoop whoop, KKKKKK UUUUUU, whooo!
We had a BLAST in San Antonio. For obvious reasons, but regardless we had such a great time.
My brother got in to San Antonio on Friday afternoon, we went to open practice, amazed when we first walked in at the arena, then went back and started exploring everything around us.
We had a block party right outside our hotel where the street was blocked off and a stage, concession stands and TONS of people hung out everyday all day. We saw Kid Rock in person, and heard Taylor Swift, 3 Doors Down, The Roots, and a few more on that stage, it was soooo fun. We did a LOT of walking on the River Walk and shopping a few times at t-shirt stores and even found a little Final 4 tee for Kaden, so cute.
Brett's parents made it in and we started hanging out with them on Sat. morning. We did a lot of eating and I didn't do as much running as I thought I would, but when I did run, it was nice..shorts and sleeveless t's! They were excited to see Kaden and get to hang out with him too.
Brett T. and I went to this Hoops thing across the street from us to with Kaden later in the afternoon and it was like an interactive bball experience....lots of games/activities and t's for sale. We also got to see Danity Cane (sp?), which was the group of girls that P.Diddy put together on Making the Band 3&4, so that was fun b/c we watch that at home.
So the Carolina game was unreal and such a shock to a lot of people, myself included. Kaden slept through the entire game. Before he fell asleep though, he and I got on the huge jumbo tron in front of thousands of people, it was fun. It was kinda awkward starting the game and looking over at their bench and seeing all those coaches and wondering what they were thinking too, but oh well, we wanted the WIN!!! And we did, so we get home and partied up in a suite while Brett T. got to babysit, well just sit there, while Kaden slept. It was fun.
Next morning, did more of the same stuff on the River Walk, and then my best friend Meghan calls and says she's heading our way....her and Tyler got some tickets from some UCLA fans and were making the trip down too, I was soooo excited that they got to come.
So we hung out, ate alot again, walked the River Walk, and did all that stuff. I got to go out with them that night and just have fun w/out a child attached so that was fun too, thanks Brett for babysitting again!!!
We went to the Alamo w/ Brett's parents and walked around/through that, which was kinda cool, then also went to the Market Square a few blocks away on this trolley, and that was neat too. Just a lot of little shops and eating places, so it was fun.
In between some of this Kaden got REALLY fussy, wouldn't take naps, really squirmy, and just not himself, so we had the team doctor check him out and once again bad ear infections, so he wrote us a script for meds and we got that started, which seemed to help and now we've got to figure something out so we can stop all this sickness!!!
Monday night........wow!!! We walked into the the Alamo Dome again and again I was in awe of allllllll the people there and how loud this stadium got. It was unbelievable!!! What a game is all I have to say! I and many others, even some coaches thought we were done w/ those last 2 mins left, and somewhere, somehow we did it. We had some determined players, some luck on our side and a lot of determination!! WE WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!
Kaden slept through the first half and was awake the entire 2nd and overtime, bless his heart. We made the jumbo tron again too, so he was our little lucky charm. There was so much jumping, screaming and excitement by me that he probably couldn't even try to get back to sleep. He loved it though, he was really good. As soon as the game was over we got to go down on the court w/ Brett and Kaden was more in awe with the streamers and confetti, than he was that we just won, he'll appreciate it someday!!! Lots of fun and more partying when we got back, so our bed looked really good when 4:30AM rolled around.
We made it home Tues. afternoon and straight from the airport to Memorial Stadium we went. I had no warm clothes ready for Kaden and when we stepped out of the bus, it was FREEZING here, stunk!! So we go to the football locker room and get ready w/ all the players to go on the field and all I had was Brett's championship t-shirt, so we put that on Kaden and off we were to the field. As we walked out there were some 25,000 fans in the bleachers and it was soooo loud. As they were doing speeches, announcing players and stuff, Kaden was ready to run around, so w/ his big-t on he ran around on the field, wanted to see Big-Jay and Little-Jay, but got scared when he got to close. Here's the link though that one photographer caught of him on the field, my kid is sooo cute!!!...http://kuathletics.cstv.com/view.gal?id=26822, scroll through, you'll find him.
So we had a blast, I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, but overall......what an experience and what a ride.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment