So I ran my 1/2 marathon Sunday morning and I finished pretty good I think. I really hadn't trained specifically for it at all. After I stopped training for the Ironman I kinda just went back to normal working out, I threw in a couple long runs and that's about it. So I wasn't expecting much going into this race. I've run it 4 other times in the past and actually this year was the best time, different course, but best time so far. My hip did ok. About mile 8 it started hurting pretty bad, but kinda came and went throughout the rest of the 13.1 miles. I finished in 1 hr. 35 mins. I won my age group and I think someone told me I was the 5th woman overall. There were about 2,000 people running the race, and I think that's the most entrants ever so far for this race. It was pretty fun overall. Now it's time to back off a little per doctor's orders, in order for my hip to recover and start re-attaching my muscle to my bone. So just bike, elliptical, swim for me for a week or so, then back to running. I think I can do those 1/2's anytime....full marathon's.....well we'll see when that next one will be!!!
After the race Brett and I went around town to some open houses. We are randomly looking a little for a new house. We have to first get ours on the market, but its time to move on. We need more SPACE!!!! I LOVE our little house if we could only add on 2 rooms and a basement and make a bigger kitchen, not asking to much to a townhouse!!! So we are pretty excited about the change if it all works out. We are pretty much expecting to stay in Lawrence at least another year, per Coach Self's request and hopefully a nice compensation for Brett's salary. So as long as everything goes right, we'll be here, but hopefully in a bigger house!!(can't cram any more things in closets or garage or laundry room!!) So wish us luck and keep us in your thoughts for finding something great in our price range!!!
2 comments:
yay new house!! i want one!
I wish you were buying a house HERE!!! I'm having a "scrapbooking get-together" and I know I could count on you to be there!!! But 8 hours is too long of a drive just to scrapbook. :( Makes me sad.
Post a Comment