Thursday, April 3, 2008

San Antonio

So we made it to San Antonio!! Kaden had an ok flight, screamed the first 10-12 mins, but then was passed out the rest of the flight, felt sorry for those right around us, oops!!
We made it here last night. Got situated and Kaden and I took a little stroll on the river walk, I got some food to go and it was 9pm when we got back to the room, so got him bed ready, bottle, and off to sleep he went, I ate my luke warm dinner, yuck and off to bed I went. I think Brett got back in the room around 1-1:30, I think.
So this morning, I got to go run outside, yeah!! I started on the streets, but ended on the Riverwalk again and it goes on forever both ways, so back and forth and up and down stairs I went, it was nice though. So who do I run into....Coach Williams and Coach Holiday!! YEAH!! I was really excited to see them. I saw them walking as I was going towards them, and I thought to myself, surely they wont remember me, and I have no makeup on, sweaty, yucky....well if anyone knows Coach W., he remembers EVERYONE! So he immediately said....."Well, well, Kelly" and I said hey Coach. So we chatted and he gave me a hug like 3 or 4 times, asked about everyone, Coach Holiday was Coach Holiday, chatted as well and off I was until he yelled back and asked if Steph was here and I said no, so he came back and gave me another big hug and told me that was for her, soooo sweet, man I love those guys and as much grief as everyone gives him for leaving and all that, you can't take away what a GREAT person he is and how CARING he is for others. So that was fun and I told Brett and he said he wished he saw him, but maybe tonight.
So we have this banquet thing w/ all the teams and coaches and stuff I think, tonight, so he's hoping to see and talk to people there. We get to leave Kaden w/ all the other kids and Lauren and Taylor get to watch them, yipee!!!
The Riverwalk was already crowed and so fun today when Kaden and I strolled for an hour, then walked again later in the day for about 30mins. I hear that it'll get crazy packed starting tomorrow. There were soo many coaches, ESPN people, news/media people, soooo fun.
My brother gets to go to the game w/ me and Brett's mom and dad are coming down to for the game. My brother gets in tomorrow afternoon, so we'll get to hang out on the river walk and go and see things. We want to see the Alamo, and its like 2-3 blocks from our hotel so that'll be fun. I'm excited to see my brother and I know he's excited for this little trip and to see Kaden.
Brett's family gets in friday night, so we'll probably see them sat. morning and all hang out sat before the game, then its' game time at 7:45...AHHH, I'm already getting nervous. We can do it though, and I'm soo excited to be here.
Kaden is taking a nap right now, so thats why I'm posting, not sure when I'll get another chance, but I'll do as much as I can when I can.
Take care to you all and love you all.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!!!

No comments: