Monday, February 16, 2009

Good Weekend

Friday night we had our regular swim lessons and Kaden once again did great and is getting better and better each time. He actually wants to get in the water now-a-days. After that we headed to CiCi's and met my sister and gram there for a nice pizza dinner. We headed home and at that point my back, which has been aching for quite some time now, was in extreme pain. I had plans to actually do some school work, but that went on the back burner. By the time I got Kaden's jammies on, two breathing treatments done, read a couple books, bottle and in bed, I was in tears. So I got in bed with the heating pad on it, started reading some chapters and fell asleep. Next thing I know, Brett was calling to say good night, which was good so I'd turn the heating pad off.
Sat. morning I woke up, feeling better, we made a quick, sneaky trip over to Amber's parents house, b/c she was in town to surprise her sister, and dropped off flowers and balloons for V-day from my brother. I literally dropped them on the door step and left, I didn't want her to know I did it. Well I guess she knows my handwriting to well b/c she text me later and said thanks, darn, she caught me, but she was happy. We got home and started playing and getting stuff cleaned up around the house and of course my back started really hurting again, but I just keep playing it off. My mom came over to play so I could get some stuff done, so that helped. I started making a cake for Kaden's little girlfriend, Kenzie, she turned 2 this past week and since they are new to town, its Coach Keller's little daughter, they didn't have a party or anything for her, so I wanted to do something fun. So I started on my project. She's really into princesses so I went with that. I got the cakes baked and then it was time to get ready and head out for the game.
So we had a great win this weekend! I don't know who saw the game or not, but we beat K-State at K-State and it was AWESOME!!! Kaden and I traveled the hour and a half or so to Manhattan with a couple others and got to see the excitement in person. Typically the Wildcat fans are, well, not-so-nice, however, since we were down lower to the bench and kinda secluded this time, it wasn't so bad. It wasn't the prettiest game, but we'll take it either way, a great win on the road.
That took up the rest of the day and we just hung out till Brett got home and had a relaxing Valentine's night at home.(FYI-Brett bought me a dozen roses and left them on the table Friday morning before they left that day!) We got Kaden to bed and we decided to go watch a movie in our basement theater, which we've never done just together. Well, again my back hurting, I lay the pillows down and heating pad and blankets, he comes down and we started watching the movie and soon I was out, and he woke me up when he was ready to go upstairs, yeah I'm a ball of fun huh!!!
So Sunday was the typical Sunday with church, lunch with mom and steph after and then home. I finished icing the cake for Kenzie and Brett headed off for work. Kenzie wasn't feeling great so we decided it'd be best for them not to spend all day together doing something fun, we'd postpone it, but I wanted to give her the surprise I made. So after she woke up, Kaden and I went over to deliver the present.
Here it is.....


It turned out ok, not perfect, but I'll have to keep practicing and I have some other ideas for a "next time".
We showed up and I think she liked it along with her princess wand we gave her and Kaden said..."here Kenzie it's your princess cake like you"...to cute. The dug in and I'm thinking she could of cared less of what it looked like, but that she got more bday cake!!! They are to cute.





So that was all of it. I went to the doctor today about the back stuff, and basically threw my $25 bill out the window b/c all she said was to go to a PT or a chiropractor, which I don't know what I'll do b/c they all cost and arm and a leg for the therapy they do. We'll see. I need something. I guess I have realllllly inflamed muscles in my back, not sure why, but causing all the muscles to try and compensate and it's all messed up. I'll keep you updated.
That's it for now, have to get back to work and hopefully get some research done on our next group project....fireplaces!
Take care.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Have you tried acupuncture? My dad swears by it for his back and I did a little of it for infertility. I'd actually take acupuncture over a massage any day! It does get a little pricey too, though.

CARR FAMILY said...

Great job on that cake!! If you ever need help you know to call me. Hope your back gets better. Get your self some meds!
Take Care