Thursday, February 26, 2009

We had fun!

We had lots of fun in Texas. Here's a synopsis of what all went on...
Brett picked us up from the airport, Kaden had a rash allllll over his face...



We went to the Dallas Aquarium and Kaden had fallen asleep on our way there, so we waited in the car talking and had to wait for Amber anyways to get done with school and meet us there. He finally woke up and we headed in. It was really cool and Kaden loved seeing everything, last time we went to the zoo in Omaha he was still a little young, but he enjoyed this one. There were some cool fish and tons of other animals including a jaguar, which Kaden kept calling a Lima, not sure!











We went to the West End and ate lunch and headed to Brett and Amber's new job site for their orientation, and Kaden and I walked around the Highlands area while they were doing that. We then went home and I finally called the Dr about his rash, so we switched meds, got all our info to a pharmacy there and got him on other stuff, geez! All the while, I'm still pumping him with benadryl to calm it down, which also knocks him out. So we went the the bar and grill they work at now, and kaden had fun with the pop-a-shot game and running around. We met up with our cousins to eat dinner and he was pumped to see Jace(my cousins little boy, about to be 4) He couldn't WAIT to see Jace, and they live right next to Brett and Amber so that was great for the next morning, we just walked over and watched cartoons and had breakfast with them.

Sat afternoon we headed towards Plano/Frisco and met up with Meghan and ate lunch with her, it was good to see a best friend again!!! It was quick, but I'm glad we got to see her. Then saw one of Brett's best friends and one we grew up with in Plano, so it was great to see him as well. After that we started in the car and were in there for 2 hrs!! From Plano to Brett's house to get something, then out to my dads took that long, it was a long ride, but Kaden was out the entire time, thanks benadryl.
We got to dads and went and saw the new baby horse, Darby, and Kaden was pretty excited. He got to ride on the gator out to the barn and even "drove", he was all smiles. We went and ate and then headed back for meds and bed. When we got there, I went to get his breathing treatment mask and their dog had eaten it!!! I was pretty mad, so there I was off to go find a new one at 9:30 at night. CVS, Walgreens and finally to the ER in Granbury, is where i got one. I guess you have to have a RX for them at the pharmacy, so I pleaded to the ER people and showed them the chewed up one, and a really nice doctor got one for us. So back home and by 10:15 Kaden was getting his treatment and about to fall asleep. aye aye aye!

Next morning, up and off to Cowboy church, wish I had pictures of that. VERY nice people there, but something I'm really not used to, but I really wanted to go see what my dad has always talked about. He really enjoys the church and it was a good service, but just VERY informal. I mean I NEVER wear jeans to church, but if I didn't, I'd be the odd man out. Then we went home, Kaden fell asleep, dad marked off a 6 mile route for me to run, Kaden went in for a nap, I ran and got home in time for him to wake up and we were off to the horses.



Kaden had sooo much fun on the horses. He didn't quite get it all when we were in the barn, he was a little hesitant with such big animals, but we said hi to all of them, walked around, pet them, heard them "sneeze" all the time (that's what Kaden says they are doing when they neigh'ed) Dad started riding one, and Kaden was all smiles, then it was our turn to get on one and he was pumped. We just walked around a few times and then I started trotting with him and he was laughing so hard and kept saying he wanted to do it again. So he was great and is such a cute little cowboy. After I rode around by myself a little, we put him on Shaq by himself and walked him, he was pretty proud, and lasted a whole minute or so doing that and then said "I done". He did so good. He even got to ride the tractor with T-Pa for a little bit and was thrilled with that too.



Inside for showers and back in the car (for an hr) to meet Brett and Amber at the Fields of Dream for Brett's softball game. This complex was amazing and so much fun to see. Each field was a replica of famous baseball stadiums, I think Brett's team played on Ebbet's field. (I won't tell everyone how I embarrassed myself Amber!) We watched and played around for both their games, ate inside the "clubhouse"/concession area and then headed home again to Brett and Amber's while dad went his way. It was another late(r) night for Kaden, but he does really well adjusting.
We hung out at the house and played on the swing set the next morning till Brett got home from class and took us to the airport. It was a great time and got a lot done while we were there. I love the weather in Texas and I love hanging out there, just wish I always had more time and less time in the car when we are there! Cant wait to see everyone again.
Take care and hope to see more people next time we're there!

No comments: