Monday, February 2, 2009

Day off

Well I am playing hookey today!!! Whew hew!.....not really, my boss knows I'm gone.
We are in Waco for the Baylor game tonight. Guess what....Brett and I slept in till 9:30 almost..........are you kidding, I haven't done that since college, maybe before that! It was GREAT!!! It is really nice outside today so after they have shoot-around, we are going to go run outside then lift in the weight room. Right now I'm still working on my group project for our class and hoping to get it all done today since I have a lot of down time.
It's been a little different not having Kaden. I've left him before for a night or two, but not since he's been able to talk, so when I called to check on him one time it was so weird talking on the phone to him, I'm usually on the other end helping him talk to others. I guess when he woke up from his nap, I tried to explain to him that I wouldn't be there, he was extremely upset that mom wasn't there. My poor little baby! I talked to him before bed and we said our goodnights and love you's and he says this all the time to Brett, but he added his "I miss you", in his sweet little voice, broke my heart. So I'm happy I got to come with Brett and have a little time by ourselves, in between meetings and stuff, and time to just be, but I'll for sure be ready to get home at 2AM and check on my little one.
I'm excited to get to see my dad and brother later today too. Not sure when they are coming in, Brett has class and will head over after that and not sure when my dad can get off work, but we'll sit together at the game regardless and it'll be nice to see them.
That's it for now, off to more work on my project.
Take care.

1 comment:

allthingsskelton said...

Hi Kelly! Wanted you to know you're a tv star at our house. Both Haley and Evan froze you on the tv last night. I was watching on and off as I put Sophie to bed, so they both hit the DVR and made me come see you. You looked beautiful as always. E&H were very impressed to see both you and Brett! So glad KU won!