Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy Weekend...once again!

This weekend was once again busy, but Sunday made it all worth while.
Thurs night started it off by having one of our good friends daughter's over b/c we thought mommy was going to have baby....but she didn't, but Kenzie still got to spend the night with us and Kaden was pumped to have her over. Friday night I watched Bailey a little at work while Katie went to the doctor for strep on top of her ear infection and then she asked if we could take the kids so she could get some rest, so of course it took me 2 seconds to say YES, and we got them later that night after the HUGE downpour of rain. So Kale and Bailey were really good and spent the night with us, Kaden was kinda getting used to people sleeping over now!
We got up on Sat morning, loaded everyone up and headed to my moms for a neighborhood garage sale. We weren't' going to do it, so we had NOTHING organized, but decided to go ahead and ended up selling most of our stuff, so it worked out great. Kaden, Kale and I went next door to their garage sale and they got a little treat(toy) too! Katie came later, got the kids and then mom, Kaden and I went up to KU for their "garage sale". We got some good stuff for really good price and got out of their with no scratches or pushes. (the place was PACKED) We headed home for nap and lunch and then headed to my mom's house b/c my cousins and their kids were in town. We got to play with them, cook out, and had snacks alll night long. Kaden was pooped by the end of the day.
Sunday came and it was BEAUTIFUL outside. I headed out for an 8 mile run and Steph ran 6 miles with me, so that was nice! Brett had Kaden running around, went to my moms to play with the cousins, and Steph's house, then home for a bit. I mowed the lawn, played outside with Kaden at the park, blew bubbles and who knows what else...needless to say I got a LOT of sun without realizing it, but that's ok. We went to swim lessons and I got to swim with them and Kaden did GREAT once again. On the way home, he crashed. We started in on some other things and then headed outside to start sorting the wood pieces for the swing set! Peete showed up and we had everything labeled and set out for him and Brett to start in. I assisted very little, but definitely put my 2 cents in, he he!
I digressed from that and washed Jack, and my mom came over to help/hang out and then Kaden woke up and we went to CiCi's!! We had a good time alllll day long and I was just soooo happy being home! I think the nice weather had played a part in that too! 4 hrs later the swing set was DONE!!!(minus a couple pieces-no biggie) I was amazed b/c the review said nothing less that 6-8 hrs of putting it together. Brett will even admit, but thanks to Peete, that's how it got done. If it was Brett and me, it would of taken 2 days!! Kaden was sooooooo excited to see it when we got home from eating and just had to run sooo fast to get to it. He cried later after we had to go in to get a bath and told me about 3 times that we would play on it tomorrow. This morning he cried again when he couldn't go out there, but we went over the day of events and after swimming we get to play on the swing set!!! Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

Enjoy all the picts!


And we're off...Finally starting to build the swing set!







just trying to help out a little...


sooo excited, had to run to go see it...















Look it's all done, and I LOVE IT!!...

No comments: