Friday, May 8, 2009

Super Excited!!!

So we finally pulled the trigger and booked our cruise!!! I'm sooooooo excited. Neither Brett or I have been on a cruise before. We are going just the two of us, it'll be hard to be away from Kaden that long, but it's much needed! We leave
June 26th to Ft. Lauderdale, spend the night and next half day and port out on the
27th. We'll get back July 2nd in FL, then once back in KS, head to the lake for our annual 4th of July festivities with my mom's side of the family!!!
I'm soooo excited about this cruise though. It's a western Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbeans ship, lots of fun things to do on the ship and our stops have fun excursions as well. We may be re-routed on one stop to Jamaica, oh how sad huh, b/c of the swine flu, but really who cares, your on a boat, in the sun, at exotic places for 5 days...who can complain where you are going.

Other exciting news...my brother is in town for this strength and conditioning clinic this weekend at KU and it's not final...but I think they are MOVING BACK!!! I'm so excited for many reasons. They both need to finish school badly, but moving back is going to give Brett so many insights and networking opportunities due to the connections we have here at KU. He is finally passionate about this career line and I know he'll do great at it. Cant wait till it's official!!

Tonight we have our party in KC with all of our/Brett's friends. Its a kind of after-the-year/season, hang out with our friends, let Brett loose for a bit, party! Brett and his friends have rented out this area in some bar by the Plaza and we are all going over tonight. Since my brothers in town, he gets to come too. Lots of friends, lots of fun, beer pong tourney(yes Brett even made a bracket) and who knows what else. I know my Brett is super excited and it'll be a much needed break from work as well.

Mother's day is Sunday and Brett's parents are in town watching the Hammer kids, so we'll all get together on Sunday, both families and celebrate that and Brett's dad's 60th bday!!! So once again, BUSY weekend, but TONS of fun.

Take care!

2 comments:

Amber Temple said...

It is true...we are moving back! Have fun at the party wish I wasn't missing out! Go team Ginger! I won't be missing out on much more once we move back!

WatchingTwoGrow said...

I am soooo jealous about the cruise! Take pictures for me!!!