Thursday, September 10, 2009

Shots...Ouch!!

Well yesterday Kaden had to get 4 new shots. New immunizations for day care and then the flu shot, which I got as well. I went first so he could see, and then they asked if he was ready, and quickly he said "NO". But he layed down and bam bam bam bam, they gave him his 4 shots in his thighs. I can definitely say it's harder now, although I still cried when he first got them as a little guy, but when he can look you in the eye and tell you how much they hurt and cry about, makes you feel soooo bad. He only cried for literally a minute though and then was off getting his treasure and sucker! He and I even got matching crayola band aides, which he thought was pretty cool. Later that day he crashed for an early nap, probably due to the shots, and his legs were definitely sore for majority of the day. He just wanted to be held and I'll take it when he asks me.

Yesterday afternoon I did another, and probably last, 6 miler with the girls on the team. I can now say that I really don't think I can do that long anymore. I can do the 4 milers just fine, but MAN, my feet and lower legs were definitely feeling the pressure towards the end, and the big hill at the end didn't help either. I got through it though, and then stuck to my hour long walk tonight. Which was great, b/c Kaden went with me in the stroller and I didn't know how he'd do for that long, but we talked the entire time. I love those moments, and I know some day they will be few and far between so i truly cherish them now. He's such a great kid and I love him to pieces. I just love it when he tells me I'm his best buddy, which is almost everyday at some point. My other favorite thing now is putting him to bed b/c we can read, sing, talk, and pray in bed together before he falls asleep. And he always wants you to lay down with him for a little bit. Brett lays on the ground next to his bed so he doesn't get used to "having" to be put to bed by us, but when I do it, it's harder for me to lay on the ground so I just lay with him, which I prefer anyways. He tells me I can lay with him or on the ground but b/c of baby brother, I'd better lay with him!! SO STINKIN CUTE!!!
I cant' say enough about my little guy that is getting so big. And by the way he's in the 90% for weight and 80% for height, so still up there in weight, but just really solid more than anything. He's gonna be a tall one too, we hope!!

Everything else is good. I've aced all my tests and projects, so far, in both classes, so that's great, but I do stress out about them before they happen or have to be turned in. I think I've always been like that though, I want it to be an "A" for sure and anything less I get upset. I had a test today, so we'll see. I love class though and I really love interior design, it just makes me smile. Now if I could just stay home with my baby and soon to be babies, that would make me smile even bigger!!!

Oh and for those who are just DYING to see how big I actually am, and I am...here's my 5 1/2 mth prego shot, which Kaden wanted to be a part of too. (and yes I know, I'm big!)

Till next time, take care!!

1 comment:

Lacy said...

you are soooooooooooooo far from being close to being big. but you are for sure sooooooo cute!! i love that Kaden was posing like you too :)

luv ya! take care