Thurs. night my dad came in town for a reunion he had this weekend, and his bday....HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!! So we didn't get to see him much, but Kaden spent most of Friday with him, so that was a a good time. We went to Coach Self's new house on thurs night for a team dinner, and OMG...his house is AMAZING! I mean their last house was really nice, but this is literally like a 5-star resort, no lie. Really, I'm not kidding. I can't even begin to describe it, but it's beautiful and just amazing!! We had a great time over there and getting to meet some of the new guys is always fun. You hear all about recruiting them, getting them, and then meeting them is fun. Kaden had a good time and didn't want to leave, which I would never leave if I lived there either, why would you have to!!!
Friday night we didn't do much, just hung out, and then Sat. morning I left at the crack of dawn for our first cross country meet in Manhattan. Our boys got 1st place and the girls got 5th, so it was a pretty good meet for our first round. I got home from that, showered, fixed a dip and we were off to tail-gate with some friends of ours before the KU football game. Kaden had gotten sick a little on friday night and I guess while I was gone on Sat. morning got sick once again, so he was pretty lethargic, that was until we said it was time to get ready for the game and he was PUMPED to put on his football jersey!! He was so excited. We hung out, he played football with little Will and we had a good tail-gate. Kaden kept asking if it was time to go in yet, he was so thrilled. He wanted to see the football players and the Jayhawk. So we headed in and got to our seats, he was just enthralled with watching all the people, which it was PACKED, and getting to see the game. We even got a "memonade" (aka, Lemonade) b/c he saw some people in front of us get one, so we got a big one and it was "all his", and pretty much was, he was so cute. He even got up each time we scored and "waved the wheat". He loved it, and didn't want to really leave during the end of the 3rd quarter, but was getting tired regardless. It was a great win for KU and great day overall.








Sunday we went over to hang out with T-Pa before he left for the airport and just did lunch and play at GG and Papa's, always fun too. Sunday night we went to another friends BBQ with tons of people there and TONS of kids. Kaden was his usual shyness at the beginning, but made friends quickly, and played football, baseball, and they even started a kickball game for all the kids, he only came and found us if he needed a drink or something...such a big boy!!! He loved it and we stayed till it was really dark out but don't worry, we could definitely find Kaden with his Spiderman light up shoes on out there! He was sad to leave there to, but crashed when we got home.
Today was a pretty relaxed day, which was nice. Started out with a MUCH needed haircut...

We picked up around the house, Kaden and I went running with Aunt Steph...side note- my 6 mile runs with the team are probably going to be coming to a quick end in the next few weeks. I can do the 4 milers ok, slower obviously, but the 6 I ran the other day and 5 day before, kinda got to me. I'm going to keep trucking as long as I can but I'm definitely feeling the pressure in the lower legs each time I go for a run. My hour long walks are in my near future I can see!!-....got back, showered, went downtown, ate lunch, got some shoes, did some other errands and picked up a sleeping child from the backseat as we arrived in our garage. As Kaden slept, I read my text book, but also fell asleep for an afternoon nap, meanwhile Brett was working out and doing yard work, man I feel lazy(although I did my run in the morning!) Then we just hung out some more and mom/granny came and watched Kaden while I went up to help Brett decorate his new office, it's really nice up there with all the renovations! Back home and read text, play with Kaden, watch a little Aladdin, bed time for all.
So a fun filled weekend, and I wish we had more days, but to school tomorrow, work, school, work, and then our 5k run for Cooper's Cause this Saturday!
Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend and is doing well.
Till next time!!!
1 comment:
I love the pictures on the hill. Very cute! I'm also REALLY impressed you're still running so much. You rock!
Post a Comment