Sunday, August 30, 2009

I just love my son!!

So to start, we are sitting in bed right now, Sunday morning, watching cartoons, and I just LOVE when my little man "loves" on me and tells me, "your my best buddy mommy!". See I am Kaden's best buddy and Brett is his best friend. Now don't get those mixed up, he'll tell you straight!
He is just sooo lovable and I love it. We just got his church clothes on and while we were changing I hit my elbow on his bed post and said..."ohhhh man, ohhh man" and was rubbing it (b/c it really did hurt) and Kaden got concerned and came and kissed my elbow to make it feel better, then went straight to the bed post and said, "no no bed, you're not being very nice". LOL, I just smiled and said thank you to him. Oh Kaden!
Brett went to KC early early sat. morning to hang out with his friends this weekend, but they were playing golf early on sat, so he left super early here. So it's been Kaden and I. We went to Raelynn's horse show at the fairgrounds yesterday and that was fun, well interesting! But Kaden had a good time, after some initial crying b/c he didn't like the way the dirt/ground was feeling while he was walking, I don't know.... Anyways, Raelynn did great and looked so cute, didn't snap any pictures, trying to figure Kaden's fetish out. Then we all went to eat lunch, guess where....McDonald's! Yes, Kaden and Raelynn picked. Then we headed to Payless b/c Kristi said Raelynn needed some new shoes, so while there, Kaden found some spider man light-up shoes, and just HAD to have them. I don't give in ALL the time, but he's been doing super good with potty and bed and all that, so I let him get them, plus his Handy Manny light-up shoes are getting to small now, so why not replace the light-ups!!! Then off to nap time at home!
After nap time Kaden, mom and I headed to Shawnee to visit our friends Lisa and Nate. Lisa wanted me to come over to help her decorate/design her new house. They literally just moved in the day before, but she wanted new colors throughout the house. So with mom's help watching the kids, Lisa and I went around and got all the rooms picked out with really fun colors. It's going to look awesome! I cant wait to go back after it's all done and see how it comes together. I LOVE doing this, obviously, that's why I went back to school! I have NO idea if I'm any good at it, but I just LOVE residential design in general. Thanks Lisa for letting me help you, hopefully it looks awesome when your done!
Steph worked all Sat. on putting in new wood flooring in her back room with the help of mom. We are going to go by after church today, but I'm sure it looks awesome! We hung up pictures last weekend after pulling up the carpet, and that room is pretty darn cool with all the work she's done on shelving and everything else now.
I think that's it for now. Not sure what today will hold since I'm writing early, but always something fun. Test and project due in the same class on tues, so some studying is in my future!
Take care and hope your weekend was great!

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a sweetie pie! We'll have to get a picture of the boys in their matching light-up spider man shoes.....I'm sorry if my son in any way influenced Kaden to want those BEAUTIFUL shoes. (I cringe every time Kale puts them on, but he's so darn proud of them). Hugs and kisses to all!! Miss you!

miles3_17 said...

Actually his shoes aren't quite as "light-up" as Kales, thank goodness, jk. But he had seen these there before. He loves em though, guess thats what counts!