Happy Anniversary Brett!!!
4 years ago, wow, how the time has flown! Great memories, great stories and to think it all started about 7 years ago in Maui. Thanks for being such a great husband, father, and friend. I love you!!
Just wanted to start out with that.
Ok, so back to school, coaching, working, prego, mommy, wife....it's all in a day's work!!
School is going great, first day is always easy, and today is going well too.(I'm in between classes as I write).
I did want to write and tell you about my poor little baby. Last night after picking Kaden up from daycare, we went to the grocery store, got home, ate a snack in the garage while watching the rain come down, then he wanted to play in it. So upstairs he went to get his rain boots, and off he was in the puddles, so cute!! He had a grand old time. Brett pulled in, he was happy, but then wanted to go inside. So we stopped in the laundry room to strip down out of wet stuff, and as he was leaving, he stopped to say something to Brett and had his sweet little hand still in the doorway of the laundry room....little did I know, I'm pulling myself off the ground and turning around to shut the door, as it popped back at me, I looked down to see what was caught, and all I start to hear is a big 'ole cry!!! I SHUT MY SONS 2 LITTLE FINGERS IN THE DOOR JAM!!! I felt HORRIBLE!!! Kaden was screaming crying, Brett was picking him up, I was crying, got out to the living room with just his undies on and all I could do is just hold him tight to me. I felt like the worst person in the world. I kept telling him I was SOOOO sorry and I didn't mean to and he just kept looking at me with tears rolling down. Brett got some ice and he held it on there for a bit, but couldn't stand it to long. I finally looked and his last 2fingers on his left hand were pretty purple and one was bleeding in the cuticle. We quickly got a juice box and some Sesame Street and Backyardigan's band aides, and we were a little calmed down.
He didn't eat anything alllll night long. Had two bottles of milk and watched cartoons for most of the evening.(only b/c I had squashed his fingers) He obviously favors that hand now and won't really use it. He also kept saying, "sorry mommy" last night when he'd look at me, and I kept reassuring him that I WAS SORRY, not you, I did it. But he said he'd forgive me. This morning my mom called to say Happy Anniversary to us and Kaden answered and shortly into the conversation he told her he had a "boo-boo, and mommy smashed my hand in the door", yeah made me feel real good, but really I could only laugh a little. So that is my horrible horrible mommy moment, I'm sure they'll be more, but it was devastating.
On another note, I wanted to include in this post, but also make note on the side....Amber has created her photography blog now...http://ambertemplephotography.blogspot.com/!! I'm soo excited for her and there are some great shots on there, make sure to check it out and pass on the word!!!
Great job Amber!
Love you all and thanks for all your love and support over the years as well!
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I know how you feel about his little fingers, I slammed Danielles in the car door when she was 4 and I still feel bad to this day...the look on her face killed me!
And...thanks for the shout out!
I know how you feel. Marty is sitting here and we are talking about when I shut his hand in the trunk at the gym. He is telling me, yeah I remember that mom but it didn't. I cried so hard that day. I thought forsure i broke his hand. I got lucky his little and faltten just right and he got one little scratch out of it. I dropped all of the items in my hands, I had a check that blew away, it was so windy that day. Never did find that check. I was so happy I did not break his hand. I had to open the truck with the key, that was such a horrible sight but like I said, I got lucky.
You never forget things like this.
Happy Anniversary
What a friend, I am just now catching up on your blog. Happy Anniversary (a little late). As for Kaden's little boo boo, I did the same to Raelynn in a car door and know just how you feel. The good news....Raelynn doesn't even remember it :)
Post a Comment