Monday, November 16, 2009

Reading...

So I keep meaning to post this blog and have put it off for some time now. I have had this video for a few weeks or so and just have to share it. (I want to always remember these things, the little stuff)

Kaden LOVES books! He LOVES for us to read to him, and he LOVES to read himself. I literally can't go to a store and not have him stop me at the book section to read some. Perfect example...my mom, sister and I were at Kohl's yesterday afternoon after church doing little errands and at the end we let him go to the toy section. He wandered around a little with Aunt Steph and shortly after I was done looking at the baby clothes we ventured over to see what they were doing. Steph was sitting in the isle with Kaden, just patiently listening to him. He said "mommy sit, I want to read you a book" So there I am, prego lady waddling down to listen to my sweet son read us a book. Granny ventured over and he told her the same thing. So precious. We went through EVERY book Kohl's had, and I'm NOT lying!!! The ONLY ones he didn't read to us, were the ones that were wrapped in plastic and he couldn't get to. He was bound and determined to read us ALL the books. Every one of them started out with "Once upon a time..." and ended with "TTTHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEE End!". It was the cutest thing ever and like I said, I want to always remember the little things.

Another story was that we got our H1N1 shots last week and were at an elementary school to get his. It happened to be the one he'll go to as long as we are in the house we are at right now, and I kinda planned that for a reason. We went to get the shot(in the gym, he liked the bball hoops), but he wasn't so pumped about it the shot, actually was a crying mess, but only for the anticipation of the shot. Once he got it, he cried for a bit, and then had a sore leg, so I had to carry him, but he was good. So we walked around the school after to get his mind off of it and he was pretty enthralled at it b/c "when I get bigger, I can come to school here mommy". So we walked and walked (they were having parent/teacher conferences), and came around the bend to their library. He stopped me and in the most innocent, sweet voice ever, said...."Ohhhh mommy, look, I LOVE their library!!!!" I just literally stopped in my footsteps, looked and him and smiled, he was soo excited to see sooooo many books, and it helped that he saw Clifford the Red Dog (stuffed animal) sitting upon a shelf...he was in love!

We read EVERY night when we go to bed, numerous books at times. And if we aren't playing football or basketball,or doing puzzles after we get home from daycare, then we start reading books too. It's just part of our routine.

Again, my child loves to read, loves to be read to and I am VERY proud of it!!
What a big boy Kaden...


No comments: