We started out with a picture of all the pumpkins on the front porch, and good thing we did b/c mom's didn't make it past that. I got it inside and it had rotten all through the back, so in the trash it went. We started carving our pumpkins before dad got home, but I quickly gave him the job of the "Beak-em" cut out and I'd do Kaden's ghost! Kaden didn't really like the ewy gewy part of the pumpkin, just thought it was funny. He helped for a quick second, and then was off playing. As he requested though, he got a ghost on his little pumpkin, eventually....it started out with me drawing all the cutouts and while I was cutting Kaden's out, we stopped and went to put jammies on. While doing that, my mom thought she'd help out(side note: she NEVER cut our pumpkins even when we were little, she did the cleaning out and making pumpkin seeds)ok, so I got back down and she said "well I thought I'd help, but I'm not sure this is right" and the little ghost's eyes were completely out!!! I just laughed and said, well mom, the way I was doing it, I NEED the eyes and mouth, otherwise it's gonna be a big hole! So we laughed, she felt horrible, but we went on, by turning the pumpkin to the side and starting over. It all turned out ok, just funny! Steph didn't know what to do, and I drew the Adidas logo since she is now the rep for them and thought she could put it in her office, it turned out pretty good too!






So Friday, we headed up to KU to do trick-or-treating with the different departments. We've gone up now for the last 3 years and I think Kaden finally gets it. We saw our friends Kenzie and Kemper(little bo peep and the lost sheep) so he was pumped to see his little girlfriend. We paraded through the bball office to see the coaches and then stopped by Mr. Perkins office to say hello. Then downstairs we went to the tables of different departments and all their candy!!! Kaden had a good time.
(here is some "hot babes" but he was to shy to get his picture specifically with the cheerleaders!)


Sat, Halloween night, we got all ready and headed to see GG and Papa like we do every year. We strolled up to the house and Kaden was excited to see them. He got hugs and kisses like always and even got some Pumpkin cookies for his bag! While we were there Unlce Brett came over and then we started in with our cool song we know and still sing today. He thinks he's so funny, and it is, and I will have to say....I was the one who taught him(oops). Attached is the video and you kinda miss out on the beginning, but hopefully you can hear it all. Funny guy!




("Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat, if you don't, I don't care...I'll pull down your underwear!")
After GG and Papa's we all headed downtown to do a little trick-or-treating on Mass. Street. I've always heard it's a pretty good thing, so we decided to try it this year and also Unlce Neal was down there as a Bear handing out candy. We got down there, Kaden was pumped, I explained Neal would look like a silly bear and as soon as we got to him, Kaden FREAKED out!! He started crying, didn't want to see him, didn't want anything to do with him, so we went inside the store and Neal took his head off and showed him it was him, and Kaden finally calmed down. Poor little buddy, just doesnt quite get it yet. But we recovered and continued on a few blocks and decided to head out.



We then started heading to a couple friends house before we got home. We saw Hal Crady, the Keefers(our good buddies Raelynn and Cooper(batwoman and batman)), went to MaryBeth's(our FAVORITE daycare provider!)and even got to take a picture with Pat's old firehydrant (Pat's a fire fighter so Kaden LOVES that!) We went to Coaches house and saw Miss Cindy and then headed home to meet dad for a little neighborhood trick-or-treating. Brett was excited to see him and we walked him around for a bit. He kept wanting to go to another house after he continued to see all the good stuff he got in his baggie. Then we finished with a picture with our corner fire hydrant! We got done with that and Brett and I started to get ready for our Halloween party at coaches and Kaden got to hang out with Granny. He definately had a fun filled afternoon/night and was pooped at the end. He actually didn't eat all that much candy either, which seems to be going in my belly and not his, whoops! Overall we had a GREAT Halloween and it'll be exciting to do it all again next year with 2!!!!






Take Care!
1 comment:
Kale and Bailey loved the video. Kale kept laughing his head off and saying, "He said UNDERWEAR!" Two more weeks til we're back in the land of Oz!!
Post a Comment