Sunday, December 6, 2009

I think it's nesting time....

I didn't know if I'd go through this stage again with baby #2, but I found myself doing just that last night..."nesting"!! Kaden and I played and played and played, then he finally sat down to watch a movie on TV pretty late, but he had taken a long nap and I didn't want to try to push the going to bed and fight it, so I just let him watch the movie a little while and I started cleaning out cabinets in our kitchen!!
I had come across all our bottles in the basement and have brought them up to get them all cleaned up, but I had no room for them, so that's why I started my little project. I was impressed with how much I chucked too, you know, silly cups you just collect over the years and stuff like that. So I got everything rearranged and have lots of room that I didn't know was possible.
Now it's time to start washing baby clothes and put them in his drawers. I'm kinda excited about this. 1. to see all the baby clothes that Kaden wore out again, 2. we got a new washer and dryer (the front loaders). Oh yeah, didn't post about my Black Friday shopping, but up at 2:15 AM and shopping till about 10AM, I got some GOOD deals. See we HAD to buy a new washer and dryer b/c our dryer went out and we were borrowing my brothers, thankfully, till the after Thanksgiving sales, b/c I KNEW they would have great deals, and they did. But not only did we buy a new washer and dryer, we also bought a new refrigerator. I say we, and I mean "I", or my sister and I. Because we all know, Brett was not up at 2:15AM shopping!!! So it was a very expensive Friday morning, but definitely needed and I literally saved thousands of dollars!!!(I LOVE shopping, and SALES)I also got some Christmas gifts taken care of and I'm excited about that as well. I'll share those after Christmas, don't want to spoil it for anyone!!
So we got our washer/dryer delivered this week and next week we get our fridge. So I think after church this morning, I'll figure out how to actually do my laundry, it's definitely more fancy schmancy than any other washer/dryer we've had!!!

Isn't it funny the things you get excited about when you get older!!!

No comments: