Brooks Mason Ballard
5 lbs. 11 oz. 19 1/2 inches long
Born December 14th at 12:32 AM
Brooks made quite the entrance coming 4 weeks early and quite quickly to our surprise. We are SOOOO blessed that he is doing great and is healthy baby. Kaden is such a PROUD big brother and is so amazing to watch with him, as he loves to LOVE on him and is very curious of the things Brooks does.
Brooks name comes from my Grandma Temple's maiden name, Brooks, and Mason is just a name we both loved and it seemed to fit so well.
His journey into this world began with us going to the Living Nativity at our church on Sunday night around 6pm. I had started to have what I thought were Braxton Hicks contractions a little bit on our way there and they seemed to stop me in my tracks, but it didn't seem to stop me to bad. I did forewarn Brett in the car that it was going on and just a little fyi comment. As we were sitting through the program and Kaden was enthralled with Baby Jesus and why he had a pacifier...the contractions continued on. We left church and headed to my moms for dinner. As we were going, the contractions were really close to 5 mins apart as I was keeping an eye on the clock. Side note: I didn't know much about contractions since I was induced with Kaden they were very short, like 30 mins of them before I got my epideral, so they weren't to bad.
So as we were eating and playing I decided to text my doctor and ask at what point do I get worried since we were still 4 weeks out, I thought it was kinda weird. He said to go in a quiet room and count for the next 30 mins since it had been over an hour and they were like that. So 6 in 30 mins meant that I needed to go to the hospital and check it out. I told Dr. Moreano that I didn't want to be "one of those people" that goes in early and then gets sent home. He said just time them and see. So sure enough 6 or 7 in 30 mins and they were 4-5mins apart. I decided I just wanted to leave my moms and get home and get Kaden situated and to bed and see where this went. We did just that and Brett decided to take a shower, as he was in there they were like 3 mins apart and I couldnt stand it, so he quickly got done and I had my bags packed, kinda! I called my sister and she rushed right over to watch Kaden and get him to bed. I told her we'd probably be back but we'd call when we got there!
We finally get to the hospital, it's like 5 mins there, but seemed like 30 mins, and as we were walking through the parking lot, I had to stop 2 times to get through the contractions. We walk in to find out where to go and someone stops Brett right off the bat and is like..."oh hey a KU basketball coach...Hey man, what's up, how are you"....SERIOUSLY, I'm in pain here MR. We get passed him, get checked in and wait shortly for someone to take us up to Labor and Delivery. As we are waiting for the elevator and then get on, the kid says..."Are you related to the Ballard's from Haviland"....and yes Brett is, and he was from a small town around there...so as they are small talking on the short ride up, again I'm still in some major pain, kinda funny now, but wasn't thinking so while in transit, I guess what was I going to do in an elevator!
We get checked in and long(er) story short, I was in full labor. They tried to stop it since I was early, and I got heavily doped up on drugs and they were NOT working on stopping the labor. I was 3 cm dialted when I got there and went from a 5-8 in like 3 mins. I FINALLY got the epideral after almost 2 hrs of contractions, and the worst ones at the hospital, and Brett told me it was like really only 20 mins before I actually delivered that the epideral was in. So once that was in, it was easy breezy!!! As I remember last time, epiderals are GREAT!!! So Dr. Moreano said I could basically sneeze and he would be out, so with ONE push, well like 2 half pushes, Brooks arrived!!!
He is BEAUTIFUL and looks EXACTLY like Kaden did when he was first born....


Kaden and Brooks
I can't get over how much alike they look when they are both at this point in there lives!!
Brooks is doing great and at our 3 day appt he only dropped a couple ounces, so he's at 5 lbs 9 oz. He is a little jaundice but not enough to test, which is another blessing since he was so early. At Kaden's 3 day appt, we were sent straight back to the hospital and spent another 3 days there b/c he was REALLY jaundice. So we are just keeping an eye out on Brooks and have another appt. on Tuesday. He is feeding really well and I think we've got the hang of that part this go around, YEA!!
Here are some pictures of our precious boys and how blessed we are!!!









A little note to our new baby boy:
Brooks,
We are soooo thrilled you have arrived! What an amazing Christmas present and one we can't put a price tag on. Even though you are early, you are amazing and healthy which is the BEST part and the only thing we were worried about. You are yet another joy in our lives along with your big brother Kaden. Kaden has been waiting for your arrival and soooo excited to teach you so many things. He loves you so much, probably as much as we do. He just wants to talk to you, kiss & hug you, and help me along with this new chapter in our lives. You look so much like Kaden and I can only imagine you are going to be just as amazing as he is to us. Your mommy and daddy couldn't be prouder parents!! We have so much in our lives and the most important things are our children. God has great things lined up for us all and will guide us along the way. You are a true joy to our entire family and everyone is extremely excited that you are here as well. We can't wait to continue to show you off and allow you and Kaden to shine! Thank YOU for being such a precious gift to us. We love you so so much!!!
Mommy and Daddy
4 comments:
Congrats, Kelly! Little Brooks is beautiful! Love the name = ) Merry Christmas to you and your family!
~ The Hubers
Congratulations from the Skelton Crew. We are all so happy for you and send hugs and kisses to Brooks and Big Brother Kaden!
A Christmas to remember for sure!
Congratulations!! After being out of town since Dec. 17 and sick, I just checked your blog and was like, what?! I'm so happy for your family! He is gorgeous and what a great name--love it! Enjoy your time at home with your boys!
The Wileys
Congrats Ballards! I'm so excited for you guys! What a beautiful family you are! Brooks is an awesome name...fitting for an awesome arrival into the world. :) Love you guys!
Post a Comment